Be Our Guest, Well maybe not??

DizDaD7

Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.
I'm just wondering why there's no way of grabbing any times in July or further out, for a dinner reservation. When I try and reserve anything past 4 p.m. it says no availability. But then again when I put in for a lunch or breakfast, boom no problem...So the restaurant obviously isn't closed. I also altered the number in our party from 9 down to 1, Same thing, Nothing...Obviously something is up:confused3right?
EDIT: I also read that they're trying to change this to a Sig. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

Anyone have any insight/knowledge to what the H*#+, is going on here? Not that that this is the only spot I have to go to, but My niece and sister never ate here and would've liked to try it...Or at least seen it for that matter..LoL

There are. The week of July 15 to the 23 had tons of dinner times last week. I snagged one. It’s definitely a dinner. Now I just tried for July 27-31 but couldn’t find any, though to be honest, for such a short span of days (5) I usually always can’t find dinner. Some rumors swirling that BOG dinner or the restaurant as a whole will be down for some reason in July/August. Nothing confirmed, we will have to wait and see.

Last Saturday I was 180 days from my trip in July, the first day I could book my ADRs. I was online at 6:00 am, all set to book. The website wasn’t cooperating, but by 6:10 am, it was working. I booked by priority: CRT breakfast, ‘Ohana dinner & breakfast, then when trying to book BoG dinner, there were no dinner reservations available. I had to book a BoG lunch. I wasn’t thrilled with that. In 2015, we couldn’t get any reservations at all, so lunch was better than nothing. DD just really wants to see it. We have been waiting so long. BoG dinner is so popular. Perhaps there will be cancellations, and you will be able to get it.

It's really a wait n see at this point....Confirmed by CM's that no availability for Dinners AT this time.

That's not accurate as people were able to book dinner in July. I have a July 22 dinner.

"Some guests are claiming that they already have a dinner reservation after July 1, 2018, and they have not yet received word that it is being changed. As of now, those reservations are to be honored, but new ones are not being made."

"Some guests are claiming that they already have a dinner reservation after July 1, 2018, and they have not yet received word that it is being changed. As of now, those reservations are to be honored, but new ones are not being made."
Except I made the new ones like two days ago AFTER all this started popping up.

Last Saturday I was 180 days from my trip in July, the first day I could book my ADRs. I was online at 6:00 am, all set to book. The website wasn’t cooperating, but by 6:10 am, it was working. I booked by priority: CRT breakfast, ‘Ohana dinner & breakfast, then when trying to book BoG dinner, there were no dinner reservations available. I had to book a BoG lunch. I wasn’t thrilled with that. In 2015, we couldn’t get any reservations at all, so lunch was better than nothing. DD just really wants to see it. We have been waiting so long. BoG dinner is so popular. Perhaps there will be cancellations, and you will be able to get it.

Keep checking for cancellations. Dinner is so magical there!

If changes are being made, I'd be more likely to believe QS all day, with a single menu for lunch and dinner. Much higher volume possible, and given that they overcharge already, the margins should be better. Right now, much as with the "one cup of coffee for a party of 8" at PPO breakfast, I think the ADR for "wine and cupcake to see the inside and meet Beast!" during dinner hours is pretty common. Makes it an unappealing posting for waitstaff versus many other venues.

I'd expect the revenue per guest for both breakfast and dinner is below reasonable targets.

I have a dinner reservation for July 5. I would not be happy with either scenario - signature or QS. I’m hoping it’s less drastic, but my guess is that it will become a signature character experience.

I read on another board (British) this morning from someone who says they worked there and have friends working there that they are doing a massive kitchen overhaul to roll out prix fixe menu but no word on if that will be a signature or not. I guess time will tell over the next few weeks/months.

I would almost believe pricefixe menu, if they hadn't already shown themselves completely disinterested in enforcing it for breakfast.

I would almost believe pricefixe menu, if they hadn't already shown themselves completely disinterested in enforcing it for breakfast.
Enforcing what?

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the verge of addressing the issue now.

Enforcing what?
Breakfast is already fixed price, but they don’t charge everyone. You can choose how many meals to order and even order kids meals for adults, all of which is counter to the fixed-price concept. But the weird fixed-price quick service setup is unique to BOG, so I’m not sure if they haven’t figured it out or if they planned it this way all along.

I read on another board (British) this morning from someone who says they worked there and have friends working there that they are doing a massive kitchen overhaul to roll out prix fixe menu but no word on if that will be a signature or not. I guess time will tell over the next few weeks/months.
Kitchen improvements could simply be intended to increase capacity at dinner. At dinner, the restaurant is currently limited by the ability to prepare food. You’ll often see numerous empty tables because the kitchen could keep up if they were full. My bet is that the actual plan is much less nefarious than the rumors assume; they just need more kitchen to fully utilize the dining hall.

Breakfast is already fixed price, but they don’t charge everyone. You can choose how many meals to order and even order kids meals for adults, all of which is counter to the fixed-price concept. But the weird fixed-price quick service setup is unique to BOG, so I’m not sure if they haven’t figured it out or if they planned it this way all along.
Well, once they started adding a la carte drinks, it made it clear they literally cared not at all. Maybe they're swinging back the other direction. Maybe they're just trying to improve dinner capacity. Who knows.

FWIW, I wouldn't think fixed price meals all 3 meals of the day would be particularly nefarious. While this is more typical of character meals and buffets, it wouldn't be beyond imagining to do for BOG. No more "coffee for a party of 10 at 8:05!" No more "cupcake and coffee at 7:30 for a party of 5 to meet the Beast."

We have two dinner reservations there the first week of July. I am really hoping they don’t get canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter