Be very cautious planning a Walt Disney World trip around Atlantic Hurricane Season.

I have not read the other posts, but wow I don't know why so many jumps on you. Just be careful, not everyone is going to have the same thinking as you. I do think you had a good intention but many here have pointed out some flaws.

I thought you no longer wanted to be a part of this website?
You wanted to delete your account a couple days ago and now you're posting again.
Dramatic much?

People know that June 1st through November 30th is hurricane season.
In fact late August to late September is the peak.
If people choose to plan their vacation around that time then they take the risk.

Regardless if you agree or disagree with the user I think the "dramatic" personal attack was a little unnecessary

FWIW, I found this quote from an article from last year, regarding hurricanes that hit Florida: "However, until Hermine made landfall in September, Florida had gone more than a decade without a direct hit from a major storm."

Even if a hurricane does hit Orlando, it doesn't mean that your vacation is ruined. In 2004, I attended a conference in Orlando that was at the Gaylord Palms. My family and I arrived around noon, and Hurricane Charley arrived a few hours later. Although there was damage, power outages, etc, after a couple of days we saw that things were getting back to normal.

Here's an account of Hurricane Charley and WDW from allears.net

Going during a hurricane is a great time to go to wdw. Low low crowds.
I was there when they shut the parks down for two days in September. Suppose to been 7 nights but went 10 nights instead because of the hurricane. Missed two park days of course but the low attendance more than made up for the closing of the parks for two days. If I could time it during a hurricane will be the time I will go. Of course I only stay in a one bedroom since I’m a dvc member. If I was in a studio or normal room I might have a different feeling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter