Be Warned, It's True What They Say About Chef Mickey's

Tia1977

My Happy Place
We were in that category of "we know bad reviews but doing it for the characters & DD"...SO glad our obligatory first (and LAST) experience is now out of the way!!! Yes, the characters were cute in their outfits. DD enjoyed that part. But, she also enjoys M&G's. The food wasn't just bad, it was truly inedible. Like mystery meat/hope no hospital with food poisoning inedible lol :crazy2: After picking over the mystery stuff, ALL of us stuck with the kids chicken tender nuggets (they were actually decent and you could tell it was real chicken breast lol) and some of the desserts. My meal consisted of chicken nuggets, rice krispy treats, and the mini apple pie tarts with ice cream on top. And I'm 38 yrs old :laughing: If any of your kids would be just as happy to meet the characters by way of M&G's in the park, save your money for real food!!! A huge sting to the wallet when Pecos Bill CS tasted better, fresher ingredients, and more confident it wasn't sending you to the hospital :eek: I'd take a pretzel over anything at Chef Mickey's ::yes::

I have never eaten there, but had gotten many recommendations from friends, after reading reviews we decided AGAINST going and plan on Cape May for breakfast. Everything I keep reading makes me so happy with our choice!

I have never eaten there, but had gotten many recommendations from friends...after reading reviews we decided AGAINST going and plan on Cape May for breakfast. Everything I keep reading makes me so happy with our choice!

We just ate at Chef Mickey's last night for about the 10th time over the years.
Good food as always. No mystery as everything was clearly labeled. Beef tips were great as were the mango bbq ribs. Vegetable lasagna, yum. They always have wonderful selection of salads, cheeses, olives, fruits. And great little desserts also.
I guess our timing is always just right as we eat there every trip, lol.

I haven't been in years (8 years, maybe??), but we always preferred the breakfast over the dinner. At dinner, the characters were more lively, but the food was downright disgusting--and my kids and ex husband were NOT picky eaters!

We didn't go until last year, mainly due to reading all the bad reviews. I went expecting the worst, and it wasn't bad at all! In fact, it was pretty good food. It wasn't any worse than any of the other character meals I have been to. Maybe we were just there on a good night. I'm not sure, but we are going back again this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!