Beach Club at 7 mos

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
we are hoping to get into BCV at 7 mos for next summer actually this week next August. The last 3 trips we have not been able to get in at 7 mos but never bothered waitlisting so we stuck with Boardwalk which is fine but we all want a change. Has anyone had any luck waitlisting to get into BCV for summer months? I know this is the hardest resort to get into in the summer...

We've had luck with late August - once half the schools go back. No waitlist, just booked. But it was several years ago, and that means less members for same number of rooms. And it was later in the month.

We pretty much only book one bedrooms and would be able to get into BCV almost any time of the year based on what I've been checking/ seeing for availability for multiple trips coming up. That being said, I didn't check Fall Frenzy dates at all, and I assume those would be booked quickly along with every other resort during that time.

This is from drusba's 7 month booking summary posted 10/13/2016:

BCV

During the low to moderate season: Used to be open often during this period except for holiday times and special weekends. That has changed. The 1BR is usually open but the studios and 2BRs (including dedicated) have become more difficult, although still open about half the time. Besides holidays, race weekends and other Star wars weekends, the times when BCV other than1 BRs can be gone includes almost anytime during the low to moderate season except it is less likely to occur during the quite low demand times

Just booked 2-bedroom at BCV at seven-month mark...was sure to get online at 8 AM. Checked back later in the day and there was no availability for the first three days of our stay. Excited for our second stay at this resort!

1 beds are open in August. Studios normally not. 1 beds are open at 7 months every resort in July/ August. I keep checking.

I guess I was real lucky then to get a BCV studio for the last 2 weeks this Aug. I did book right at the 7 month mark and rooms were disappearing either later in the day or within a day or two.

I guess I was real lucky then to get a BCV studio for the last 2 weeks this Aug. I did book right at the 7 month mark and rooms were disappearing either later in the day or within a day or two.

I think the last two weeks of August are a whole different game than the first two weeks of August. Once schools start going back into session availability is easier (until Fall Frenzy starts - which I think is a lot of people whose children are young enough to pull, or have a fall break, or they are old enough not to go, or who never had kids). Our kids never went back until after Labor day - and that last week in August was hot - but easy to book at not crowded. Even then though, yep, they disappear quickly once the seven month window opens.

BCV is my home resort so there will be a studio available late July early August next year if anyone is interested. I plan to switch at the 7 month mark so is it best to book online or on the phone at the 7 month mark? I don't want to lose my current reservation while I am booking another. I think I read somewhere that you have to have both windows open on your computer or something like that.

Use the waitlist. This time of year it might work. October-December, pretty much forget it.

BCV is my home resort so there will be a studio available late July early August next year if anyone is interested. I plan to switch at the 7 month mark so is it best to book online or on the phone at the 7 month mark? I don't want to lose my current reservation while I am booking another. I think I read somewhere that you have to have both windows open on your computer or something like that.

you have to cancel one if you plan on using those points.. Where are you switching to? It seems like Beach Club is the hardest to get into?

Yes...BCV is not our home resort, but it is our favorite.
We have stayed there about 9 summers over the past 10 years...often over July 4th week.
Usually we have studios except this year we were in a 2BR July 1-9.
I book at EXACTLY 7 months out.
LOVE LOVE LOVE BCV

you have to cancel one if you plan on using those points.. Where are you switching to? It seems like Beach Club is the hardest to get into?

I'm not sure. It depends on what's available at that time. I love BCV but I just want to experience another resort.

Yes you did very well. They are sometimes there but not for long. Last 2 weeks are quietest of summer though, suspect if you'd tried July or first half August may have been more difficult.

LOVE LOVE LOVE BCV

Most people agree it's the best dvc resort. :)

You can usually get what you want at 7mo, and most of the time even closer if you stalk the web site or set up a wait list. 1BR are almost always available at 7mo with no issues.

Our home is OKW but we try to stay at BCV every other year. We go the Thursday or Friday before Vetran's Day (which is the tail end of F&W) and stay through the next weekend (which is the weekend just before Thanksgiving). This year our dates are November 9th-19th. We stay in 1-bedrooms.

We almost always have to go on a waitlist for the first weekend, but it has always come through for us. This year we had the hardest time yet booking at BCV. We could not get in until that Monday the 13th. We waitlisted for the weekend and it did come through.

We like to travel during fall, so we are trying to buy 150 points at BCV, but they are hard to come by. We have been waiting since May for a contract, but no luck so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter