Beach Club/Boardwalk 15 year contract extension opportunity????

A couple years back, a very reliable source posted about future DVC projects (pre-poly DVC) and has been spot on so far. At that time, they posted another DVC in the BCV/YC area was planned. Everything that source posted at the time has come to fruition so, I do think it’s definitely possible.

I don’t think there is any doubt that they will keep DVC in that area. It is too popular. It will just be new resorts, with new price, and new poinets to align with more current levels,

I don’t think there is any doubt that they will keep DVC in that area. It is too popular. It will just be new resorts, with new price, and new poinets to align with more current levels,
If I recall the post accurately, it detailed building a new DVC in BCV/YC area in addition to BCV, BWV and YC. Some ppl didn’t think there was enough room, or speculated a conversion like VWL/CCR/WL. However, if ever it happens, it will be great to have another option in the Epcot resort area. I do think though the points will be sky high!

Last edited:
I don't think it is point chart worries. Cutting YC in half would make it hard to fulfill needed room block numbers to attract conventions to the Boardwalk center. Conventions, in their way, are even better money than DVC.
Right, I was thinking something with the conventions at the Yacht had something to do with them not revamping rooms into DVC.

If I recall the post accurately, it detailed building a new DVC in BCV/YC area in addition to BCV, BWV and YC. Some ppl didn’t think there was enough room, or speculated a conversion like VWL/CCR/WL. However, if ever it happens, it will be great to have another option in the Epcot resort area. I do think though the points will be sky high!
Ya, I could see them building a new building in the Epcot resort area, not sure if it would be anything to do with the Yacht Club or not.

I’ll miss BWV if/when they redo it. The point charts are amazing. Going forward, I can see that we will mostly end up at our home resort, AKL most of the time where the point charts are favourable.

I might be in minority, but I strongly believe Disney will offer extension to BCV and BWV owners, so strong that I just bought a BCV resale contract :)

Here are my key thoughts,

1) Profit from selling resort points is a one-time thing, and such profit is not even the main reason they build DVC resorts.
2) Annual dues are not even source of profit.
3) Priority of Disney is always securing and retaining DVC members like you and me, because we mean revenue and profit, further, RECURSIVE revenue and profit!

Use BCV as an example, simplified example. It has 2 million points, say on average each member owns 150 points, that is 13k owners, now we are talking about 13k families visiting Disney EVERY year for ONE WEEK, and say each family has 3 members, then it is about 40k people, just park tickets, that is 20 million dollars! On top of that, adding dining, shopping, etc., it could easily reach 30 million! You think at 2042, Disney will just let this GUARANTEED 30 million revenue go, and then try to lure them back, gradually and without certainty, with a new resort? I don’t think so...

Last edited:
They did just build a new resort in the “EPCOT” area. If that rumor was pre-Poly, it almost certainly was a reference to Riviera.

I might be in minority, but I strongly believe Disney will offer extension to BCV and BWV owners, so strong that I just bought a BCV resale contract :)

1) Profit from selling resort points is a one-time thing, and such profit is not even the main reason they build DVC resorts.
3) Priority of Disney is always securing and retaining DVC members like you and me, because we mean revenue and profit, further, RECURSIVE revenue and profit!

Use BCV as an example, simplified example. It has 2 million points, say on average each member owns 150 points, that is 13k owners, now we are talking about 13k families visiting Disney EVERY year for ONE WEEK, and say each family has 3 members, then it is about 40k people, just park tickets, that is 20 million dollars! On top of that, adding dining, shopping, etc., it could easily reach 30 million! You think at 2042, Disney will just let this GUARANTEED 30 million revenue go, and then try to lure them back, gradually and without certainty, with a new resort? I don’t think so...
I like your thinking. I want to buy BCV, but I'm on the fence cause it expires in 20years compared to other resorts with more years.....

While those are all good points, there are just as many reasons to shut it down and start with fresh sales. A few quick thoughts:

1) DVC has a truly gigantic sales infrastructure to resell those points. Those many kiosks have to be filled with inventory to sell from somewhere. And they have a good track record of selling any WDW resort that comes on-line.
2) Those original owners ain't getting any younger! They will certainly not be going as often and spending as much money as they used to so your 13k number will be much less as the contracts near their end.
3) Those point charts...DVC probably can't wait to get rid of those low point charts. Every resort built since has had higher point requirements and they really want to move all the resorts to that next level (exception to this rule was CCV which they were forced to keep in-line with the older BCV).

I am kind of with you here. They also have BRV and part of OKW expiring that that time too. I am having a hard time thinking they will have 4 (3.5ish) resorts out of operation while they renovate. That would take years.

They did just build a new resort in the “EPCOT” area. If that rumor was pre-Poly, it almost certainly was a reference to Riviera.
I was thinking the same thing!

I'm not going to guess what they'll do with the Epcot resort(extend, build new or?). I do think that Disney will offer something akin to a bounce back.
They'd be foolish to not offer some sort of incentive to retain the customers from those areas. The discounted cost of retention compared to the cost of attracting new owners will make the discount worth while to them.
Same premise as a renewal price on an annual pass.

I think they will offer an incentive, but I don’t think it will be to just current owners but to all DVC owners. I also do not think it will be substantial.

Some people who own at those resorts will not want to stay owners any longer as they are older and may want out,

Of course, it will be a unique situation and the first of its kind, but I bet those resorts will be a popular new sell to new DVC members, and I am not convinced yet that Disney will see a need to market the new resorts...with the higher points charts..,to current owners,

As a BWV owner, it would be nice to be wrong!

I get sad thinking about this!! I love my Boardwalk and don't want to lose it. I'll be 70 when all this goes down. It will be a big decision to buy again.

Not for me. I will be 84. I am currently approaching $300 a month for my dues. I figure by then, assuming 5% increase annually, I may be looking at $600 a month or so on a retirement budget. I think at that point it will be time to sit and the rocker and daydream about 50 years of wonderful vacation memories. I will say 2042 seemed a lot further away when I bought my first points in 1993.

I feel a lot of us have a lot of emotions when talking about how Disney treats us, and to me, it could all back to your expectations. Don't get 'tricked' because they say 'welcome home', or call you a 'owner', down to the bottom, it is all business. How much they value us depends on how difficult to secure our business, or secure other business to replace ours, since this hasn't been difficult, i don't expect them to go out their way to be too nice to us.

At 2042, again it will be all business. Still use the above BCV example, building a new resort means disruption to the recursive 30mm revenue, and that will result in loss in dollars, but on the other hand, there will be profit from selling the new resort, and that is profit. So somebody has to make a call, but overall, this is not an either-or situation, there is middle road there, and i believe they will make some very meaningful offer to retain us...because why not!? we are the very audiences they are targeting at, and after the new resort (assume there is one) sells out, we are back to this 13K families/40K people model again, year and year, and profit from that, significantly overweighs the profit from the one-time points selling.

I feel a lot of us have a lot of emotions when talking about how Disney treats us, and to me, it could all back to your expectations. Don't get 'tricked' because they say 'welcome home', or call you a 'owner', down to the bottom, it is all business. How much they value us depends on how difficult to secure our business, or secure other business to replace ours, since this hasn't been difficult, i don't expect them to go out their way to be too nice to us.

At 2042, again it will be all business. Still use the above BCV example, building a new resort means disruption to the recursive 30mm revenue, and that will result in loss in dollars, but on the other hand, there will be profit from selling the new resort, and that is profit. So somebody has to make a call, but overall, this is not an either-or situation, there is middle road there, and i believe they will make some very meaningful offer to retain us...because why not!? we are the very audiences they are targeting at, and after the new resort (assume there is one) sells out, we are back to this 13K families/40K people model again, year and year, and profit from that, significantly overweighs the profit from the one-time points selling.

That makes sense. Even if I won't get to use it it'll be nice to pass on to family. I was thinking also, a lot of people don't stay in there home resort either and with the 2042 resorts gone there will be way less options to choose from, so I think home resort will be more important in the future. Thanks for the input.

You guys can buy at other properties NOW you know : ) you don't have to ride off into the sunset in 2042.

If I owned BC I'd unload it now while the PPP is so high and invest in a 205x property.

Best I think current owners of BWV and BC can hope for us a slight discount to buy into the ‘new’ resorts that DVC will replace them with...but no extension.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter