Beach Club/Boardwalk 15 year contract extension opportunity????

Would love to have an extensions at BWV/BCV, but I am 99.9% sure it will never happen. Those resorts will be refurbished and resold with point charts like VGF.
If i were given the option to extend my BWV contract i would do it. I would like to see if DVD offers current OWK owners to extend again to 2057.

I think that a short 15 year extension is very unlikely

I also think it is unlikely that DVC contract will be allowed to expire en mass since as that apraoched the value would move towrards $0 it would have a very significant imapct on new sales.

My guess is that sometime in the next 10 to 15 years that DVC will begin to sell renewal contacts piggybacked on the exsiting contract that they ROFR and then resell. I am thinking that these might be slighely shorter than the historic length, maybe 40 years. I am guessing that at the same time they will lilely allow for existing members to purchase the piggey back extension At expiration those that have not been extended or ROFRed would be offered for sale, though this may be very limited since as the value nears zero ROFR will likely be expansive.

Reality is that this extension will likelay be close to the cost for new contracts

If i were given the option to extend my BWV contract i would do it. I would like to see if DVD offers current OWK owners to extend again to 2057.

I wouldn't mind extending my OKW contracts for my daughter if the price was right.

I wouldn't mind extending my OKW contracts for my daughter if the price was right.

Yes, that's why I was asking also, so I could pass the contract on to my kids. Seems like majority believe there will be no extension, just a possible discount on new contract. Thanks for the input

I think they will offer an incentive, but I don’t think it will be to just current owners but to all DVC owners. I also do not think it will be substantial.

Some people who own at those resorts will not want to stay owners any longer as they are older and may want out,

Of course, it will be a unique situation and the first of its kind, but I bet those resorts will be a popular new sell to new DVC members, and I am not convinced yet that Disney will see a need to market the new resorts...with the higher points charts..,to current owners,

As a BWV owner, it would be nice to be wrong!
Thanks for the input. Hopefully Dis Unplugged will do a show on expiring dvc resorts and maybe have some insider insight...

Yes, that's why I was asking also, so I could pass the contract on to my kids. Seems like majority believe there will be no extension, just a possible discount on new contract. Thanks for the input

Have you considered selling it now and buying something else with a longer expiration?

I just did that for my adult children...though I added them to the membership as well.

Cost me an extra $8k....after selling my BWV..given an over $50 profit...to replace the points with RiV points. Gained an extra 28 years...

Thanks for the input. Hopefully Dis Unplugged will do a show on expiring dvc resorts and maybe have some insider insight...
There is no way any decision has been made about the future of 2042 resorts to have insider info on. We are at least 10 years out from real movement on that, and probably an entirely new executive team making the calls.

Maybe if space 220 and the star wars hotel are successful, they will demo BCV and build a huge tower with screens showing the beach instead of windows and balconies. It doesn't have the greatest views anyway and they could build a ton more villas that way.

I just had that thought and figured I'd share. :)

DH was just asking me about any possible extension to our BWV. Would definitely do if available! In the meantime we are talking about selling it and buying something with a longer time horizon. But love that BWV location...

DH was just asking me about any possible extension to our BWV. Would definitely do if available! In the meantime we are talking about selling it and buying something with a longer time horizon. But love that BWV location...

Probably not a bad idea, as I can't see them maintaining their current resale value when they only have another 10 to 15 years left in the contracts.....??? We'll have to see what Disney comes up with..?? I'm in a cruise state of mind, it's time. Thanks for input..

You all are making me glad that I'm old and don't have to worry about what happens in 2042, LOL. We bought BWV in 1999 and I very much doubt we'll be traveling to WDW much more than another 5 years or so. (But I'm hoping for another 10).
:)
LOL, I am not (old - but not young either) we bought BWV in 2013 and I am so happy that we did. My only regret is we didn't buy it sooner. But, I doubt I will be traveling to WDW as much by the time the points expire. I have an AK contract that we bought first that we can use then if we are still going past then. Otherwise, my kids will be getting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!