Beach club question

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
DH and I are thinking about a quick spring break trip (teacher, no real choice because my district has chosen week before Easter). I like to try resorts we have never been to and the list is small at this point: OKW, Beach Club, and Riviera. I remember going past the Beach Club on bus rides from BWV and thinking "with my luck we'd get those rooms that just look over the roadway". If you have stayed in one of those, let me know how it was for you. I think we are leaning to that one because I still haven't ridden Slinky Dog or either ride in Galaxy's Edge. We can book end of August if it is available.

You can hear the road, so the balcony wasn’t useable for us.

We've never gotten one of those villas along the road. I guess we've been lucky. All the other villas were fine other than the one that had absolutely zero view because it had trees right outside the balcony.

We've had one of those rooms in the past and it never really bothered us.
Ditto - not really a bother. And my wife is a very light sleeper. I wouldn't let the chance of that type of room sway you from staying there. You could stay someplace else and have the family of gymnasts who stay in the room right above you!

We check in at the desk and request anywhere but the roadway because I enjoy sitting on the balcony. We’ve always been able to get a villa somewhere else.

We've had one once and it's the only DVC stay that I did not use the balcony at all.

Part of it depends on what kind of environment you live in at home. We live in a relatively quiet area, so as someone said, we also hate the balcony of the rooms on the road. Only time I went out on the balcony was to see/hear Illuminations. Even then, the road noise was so distracting. Ordinarily I like to have my morning coffee on the balcony, but definitely not when my balcony faces the road.

Has anyone called DVC and made a room request before for BCV? We have never stayed there before and booked a studio for the second weekend in September. For some resorts I make requests via fax and for some I just call member services. We are usually able to get what we want. Thanks for any advice!

Has anyone called DVC and made a room request before for BCV? We have never stayed there before and booked a studio for the second weekend in September. For some resorts I make requests via fax and for some I just call member services. We are usually able to get what we want. Thanks for any advice!
Just add it to your reservation. You can do it by Chat on the member website or by calling MS or emailing MS from the website. DVC has told members not to bother faxing any more.

Just add it to your reservation. You can do it by Chat on the member website or by calling MS or emailing MS from the website. DVC has told members not to bother faxing any more.
I should have worded my question better. What would you recommend I request for a studio? Pool view? Resort view not facing NE? I’ve heard some say to just request a studio that doesn’t face the road (NE) that runs adjacent? I really don’t want a balcony that provides me with road noise.

I’ve used both fax and member services requests and sometimes I have better luck with fax. At the Poly they gave me the exact unit i asked for. If I do a request through member services I usually have to make the request again when I check in in order to get what I want.

that road does not get used a lot. You can hear it, but to us, the busses sound like disney. We are not big sit on the balcony type people anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter