Beach Club Resale... is there even a chance?

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
we really want to purchase a 75-100pt contract at Beach Club, December UY highly preferable but not an absolute deal breaker. Am I dreaming? I’ve been perpetually checking resale sites for a few months with no luck. I know some resorts sold during the time when there were higher minimum point requirements and therefore there just aren’t a lot of contracts out there in that point range. Anyone know if this is the case with BCV or should I just be patient. Plan B is to buy cheaper pts at OKW or AKV and use them to stay in 1br at BCV at 7 months when possible though that is not preferable from the standpoint of dues. We already own BWV but really want a shot at the BCV studios.

we really want to purchase a 75-100pt contract at Beach Club, December UY highly preferable but not an absolute deal breaker. Am I dreaming? I’ve been perpetually checking resale sites for a few months with no luck. I know some resorts sold during the time when there were higher minimum point requirements and therefore there just aren’t a lot of contracts out there in that point range. Anyone know if this is the case with BCV or should I just be patient. Plan B is to buy cheaper pts at OKW or AKV and use them to stay in 1br at BCV at 7 months when possible though that is not preferable from the standpoint of dues. We already own BWV but really want a shot at the BCV studios.
The lower contracts do come available for BCV as I’ve made an offer on one and seen 2 others come through for an October Use Year. However Disney did buy the one I offered on and the other 2 were gone by the time I heard back. In fact most BCV contracts probably sit on the market for 12-24 hours at most. At least that has been my experience. Also you will find them to be in the 140-160 range right now for cost if I were to guess with 1-2 years stripped.

There was a 150 BCV for October with full points for 148 but it was gone/sold in hours.

If you really want BCV I say stalk all the big resale sites, even call them and express interest so they call you back when one lists. And be ready to offer on the spot when you see one available. Also if you want to stay BCV more and more people are buying specifically for there so I’m going to guess at some point even 1 bedrooms become difficult in peak to moderate times. Because people paying a premium for those points aren’t going to want to use them at cheaper point resorts.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link but there’s one on Fidelity right now (that’s who I got mine from). It’s 100 points, Dec use year, advertised at $135. 131/18, 100/19, 100/20.

I’ll try to post a link here:
https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-beach-club-villas/unit/5005186

I only paid $127 for mine but that was back in December and they’ve been taking more back since then so it might be worth offering full price.
@JenniferYoung44 to provide some color at the end of December before the price increase was announced I offered 140 for a stripped contract (October Use Year). So 135 is a good price. Though sadly I submitted right before the 2020 point increase (which was reversed eventually) and price increase. So I lost my contract unfortunately but keeping an eye out for another October Use Year no more than 140 a point. They are selling direct for 225 so right now it seems they are scooping them up because of the spread and long wait list. But I 100% would say if you are interested that contract is super attractive.

its already under contract, but it at least gives me hope that my snow leopard is out there :o)
Sign up for Fidelity's e-mails also stalk their page every day. They are super slow on sending their e-mails. We are both on the hunt at least different Use Year, lol.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link but there’s one on Fidelity right now (that’s who I got mine from). It’s 100 points, Dec use year, advertised at $135. 131/18, 100/19, 100/20.
Did crvetter get it? I think it's gone! There was another BCV-Dec on another site as well.

I originally wanted to buy in with a 100 point BCV resale contract. Any Use Year. This was years ago. I watched the resale websites for over a year and gave up. I bought in direct from Disney. At one point, if it was your first contract and you were buying direct from Disney, you had to purchase 160 points or more. You could add on with a direct purchase of any number of points, although I think the minimum has been 25.

I have bought and sold small (50 points or less) contracts at BCV and BWV. Offers were made at full asking price within a few hours.

If your looking for re-sale points at any DVC Resort it would be very helpful to sign up for the new listing emails that most brokers send. The emails are a great way to follow the new re-sale contracts hitting the market.

I am in your same boat! We just closed on GFV but I’d love to add on a small BCV (50-75 pts, April UY) and I feel like that’s impossible. Haven’t even seen anything less than 100 yet! :scared:

Small point contracts are rare, 75 and under. They are out there and when they are out up for sale usually go very quickly and at a premium price. Keep you eyes open and check the resale sights often .it might take several months .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter