Beach Club / Yacht Club Questions

markm0926

Cast Member
Any reviews on the BC or YC. Either better ? Any pros and cons to each resort?

Thanks!!

It all depends on what theme you like, nuatical or beach. I like the beach theme better and the fact that the BC is closer to Epcot and Beaches and Cream. Other than that they are the same.:D

We had a perfectly pleasant stay at the Beach Club last fall -- our first visit to a resort other than the GF! -- and can highly recommend it.

FWIW: we picked the Beach Club because the atmosphere and colors are lighter, prettier, "springier."

The Yacht Club uses darker woods and fabrics, and feels a tad stuffier.

It's all a matter of taste. ;)

I love the Yacht Club. We have 2 young kids, and we didn't find it stuffy in the least. I also liked the decor - I thought it was classic. I'm pretty sure Beaches and Cream is right between YC and BC. I like that all of the YC rooms have balconies. We loved to sit out on the balcony. Other than that, I think you'd probably have the same level of service at each place.

We enjoy both resorts equally. For us, we'll go with the one that is offering the better rate for our room choice. That being equal, I would say that I like the BC slightly better for decor and Art the Greeter. However, if queen beds and a balcony are a must, go with the YC. While we always received our room requests at the BC, they cannot guarantee a full balcony or queen beds. Most BC rooms have queen beds but it is my understanding that a few have full size. As far as distance to Epcot, the YC is maybe a 3 minute longer walk but you have the distraction of SAB and Boardwalk to look at for those 3 extra minutes. Good luck deciding!

We stayed at the YC but I wanted the BC. From what I read about both resorts the BC seemed more relaxed with softer colors and the beach theme of course. This was definitely my idea of a great resort and I still plan to stay there in the future but my dh won out (that time!). We're originally from New England and he want the nautical feel and relished the 'stuffiness' of which there was none but it is a tad quieter there IMO.
All the restaurants do seem to be at the BC. At that time there was Ariel's and Cape May (which we went to) and B&C does seem to be more on that side but there's still the Steakhouse and now that the Galley has returned it's about even.
We were on the extreme far end of the YC, the furthest from Epcot and we had no problem walking with two small kids. Altho' that was just another reason for me to say "We coulda stayed here and been that much closer...."
Next time!

BTW, I didn't realize that queen beds and balconies were only guaranteed at the YC. That may have been a deciding factor for me anyway.;)

You're talking about my favorite resorts - but I do like the Beach Club a tad better. We like the water views better because you get a white sand beach view and the beautiful Crescent Lake whereas at the Yacht Club it's more of a marina view. Hence the name. We feel like the Beach Club has a bit of a more laid back feel and we like that. But, both resorts are wonderful! You can't beat it for convenience to Epcot and MGM and you certainly can't beat Stormalong Bay. Best pool at WDW! Great service from the CM's doesn't hurt either.

We've never had a bad experience there. In fact, we were there the last week in May and attempted to stay at the Grand Floridian. Which was wonderful but after one night we were on the phone with CRO asking to be switched to the Beach Club. Which they happily did. Can't beat it. Just choose which theme you think you'd like best.

PamNC
wondering when the heck she'll get to go back

Given the choice between the two I'd have to put my vote in for the Yacht Club. The last time I was down in 98 my wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon. Let me tell you the service was great, and the water view rooms were fantastic. We were able to watch some of the Illuminations fireworks from our balcony, and had a great view of the boardwalk (without all the noise!!).

The Yacht Club rooms do all have balconies where the Beach Club does not. I have heard that there can be some clunker room views at Beach if you are unfortunate enough to get the "right" room. And I do believe B&C is right in the middle of both resorts.

I don't think you could go wrong at either place, but Yacht takes the cake IMHO.

Brian

I have stayed at the YC 3 times, and have yet to stay at the BC, and that is because I prefer the YC over the BC in all areas.
The theming for onr, I love the nautical elegant theme of the YC. The woodwork, shiny brass, model ships, everything about it says this is one classy resort!
The casual beach theme of the Beach club is carried out beautifully as well, however it is more casual, seems to be louder too. A lot of people feel more comfortable with that, but I prefer the quiet elegance of the YC!

the service is impeccable at the YC, and being that they share a staff, I would assume that the service at the BC is the same.

so basically it comes down to theme preference!

the proximity to Epcot is not an issue. the BC is only a few steps closer, not enough of a big deal to make it be a decision maker, that's for sure!

both are amazingly wonderful resorts! also the YC has full balconies in every room. that could be important!

have a wonderful trip to WDW!!!

Laura :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Every time this question comes up, the yc is described has having "dark colors." That is only in the lobby/common areas. In the rooms, the furniture is white -- can't get much lighter than that -- and the other predominant color is royal blue.

I'd love to try the bc, but we're not willing to risk getting no balcony or especially double beds. We love the yc and will be heading there in two weeks.

In my opinion, without a doubt, the Beach Club. The Yacht Club is of course, very nice! We have not stayed there but visited during our stay at the Beach Club. The lobby was pleasant and "tres chic" and we enjoyed looking around...but for some reason we felt more at "home" when we returned back to the Beach Club. Although there are probably just as many kids at the YC as there are at the BC, the BC gives that vibe that families can enjoy it more because of the light blue color on the outside, turquoise and pink rooms (I believe the YC has rose-patterned bedspreads--not as playful), a more beach-inspired lobby, the Cape May Cafe buffet w/ character breakfasts and clambake dinners is in the BC, and I may be mistaken, but Beaches & Cream could be closer to reach from the BC than the YC. Of course, both share StormalongBay, so there's no competition over the pool. The restaurant in the YC is called the "Yachtsman Steakhouse" and we didn't eat there because my family, personally, is not a big meat-eater. It's expensive, but everything is in Disney!! The BC is closer to Epcot than the YC, so if that's a park you love, the walk is a tad quicker. It's also probably a quicker walk to the Boardwalk for entertainment at night and day! I wonder why the BC was featured on Great Hotels? ;) Decide on the theme you most enjoy... they are both right next to eachother and share the same amenities. Sorry if I got any of my "facts" wrong... my family just feels the YC is a bit too stuffy and ivy-league looking. You can't lose with either, but my vote goes for the BC.

~~Mariamouse~~ :p

The Yacht Club will always be our favorite. We have stayed there at least three times a year for the last 6 years. The staff is the best. We have stayed at the other deluxe resorts but always find ourselves back at the Yacht Club. The resort tends to have less children in it as I believe they probably have more conventions booked in there than the beach club. The pool is in the middle of both resorts and the restaurants can be reached easily from either resort. Now as for the views - the yacht club views can be amazing. To sit and view the fireworks from Epcot from your balcony is quite a personal treat. As for the decor it is not dark in the rooms but white based wallcovering with blue details.

On the other hand we stayed at the Beach Club in May as there was no room at the Yacht Club and was given a delightful King size corner room on the ground floor near the volleyball court that was amazing. No view of fireworks but lovely seating area outside and windows on 2 sides of room. We were quite impressed with this room... but our heart will always yearn to be at the Yacht Club with our favorite cast members.

We stayed at the YC last year and going back again in August -- WE LOVED IT!!!

It wasn't stuffy at all. Liked knowing that we would have a balcony. Out standard room had a great view of the wedding gazebo and the Boardwalk.

Can't wait to go again!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter