Beach Recommendation

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
We are headed to LA from New Jersey and would like to do a beach day. What would be a beach that isn't too far but is nice? I have 2 girls (15 & 10) and would like something quiet & safe, something with bathrooms, something with places to grab something to eat. Are there any that would rent chairs and umbrellas?

Laguna Beach would be my choice. Get there early, hit the beach, then spend some time exploring Laguna Beach before you have lunch.
Laguna Beach, Main Beach
Parking isn't usually all that big of a problem and there are lots of other little coves, tidepools and clifftop hikes you can do there.

Are you staying in LA or headed down Disneyland/Orange County way as well? I adore Laguna Beach too but it's a long drive from LA. If you'll be in OC Laguna is great and there is a shop that does rentals right across the street from the beach park/playground. Corona del Mar is my other favorite for kids, more quiet than Newport or Huntington but great beach and tidepools and usually clean bathrooms.

Are you staying in LA or headed down Disneyland/Orange County way as well? I adore Laguna Beach too but it's a long drive from LA. If you'll be in OC Laguna is great and there is a shop that does rentals right across the street from the beach park/playground. Corona del Mar is my other favorite for kids, more quiet than Newport or Huntington but great beach and tidepools and usually clean bathrooms.
We are going to Disneyland but only for a few days then we are headed to LA. So our beach day will be from LA. Thank you!

Is Corona del Mar close to Disneyland? Would it be easy to get to without a car (take Uber, etc)?

Is Corona del Mar close to Disneyland? Would it be easy to get to without a car (take Uber, etc)?

It's close compared to the LA beaches (as in same county but DL is a good bit inland), but is still probably a 30 minutes drive give or take depending on traffic times. An Uber will probably cost around $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!