beaches near Santa Barbara

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
On our way up to San Jose we are going to stop by Santa Barbara to see a mission. Is there a beach in the area that has ample parking? Thanks

The beach in Santa Barbara is very nice although it can be a struggle to find parking on busy days (like most CA beach towns). There are also the beaches in Goleta next to the university that are nice as well (about 10 minutes north of SB depending on traffic). There are also really great beaches north of the SB area as well (Pismo, Avila, etc.) If you do go to one in the SB area, I would bring nail polish remover with you. There are oil-drilling rigs of the coast of SB and the oil can wash up on the beaches. You will often come away with like oil spots on the bottom of your feet from walking on the beach. The acetone in the nail polish remover cleans it up. Have fun! I love Santa Barbara and their mission is one of the nicest in CA (it also helps that it was never taken away from the Catholic Church and sold to other people who let it run down like many other missions). The priests have kept everything up beautifully there and I love their cemetery - absolutely gorgeous!

Make a pit stop in Pismo Beach...go to Splash Cafe and get the clam chowder bread bowl with seafood topper to go then walk a block down to the beach to enjoy lunch/dinner on the water.

You will thank me later.

...plus less oil on the sand!

Was going to chime in with the nail polish remover tip for the tar but see Rowan already got it. It's good advice.

My favorite beach in the area is Carpinteria, but it is a few miles just to the south of Santa Barbara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!