Becky and Jeff- 2/8/10 BW Croquet Lawn/LSS/UK Lochside- TR- Update 8/8 dessert party

Monday February 8th 2010 - Part 8 - Scuba Mickey and the end of the Reception

So I left off after the father/daughter mother/son dance. I think in between the cake and the dance is when I went to the bathroom to wash all the silver dust off my hands from the cake. When I got into the bathroom I freaked out over my eye makeup. I'm not sure if it was just the poor lighting in the bathroom, but it looked like I had black smudges under my eyes. I tend to rub my eyes a lot in real life, but I had been purposefully not doing it during the wedding. I look back at all the pics and don't notice the makeup. I think it was just that Patricia had put more eye makeup on than I usually wear. Anyway I had my one 'bridezilla freak out' and had my mom and Krystin and a few other women in the bathroom with me. Krystin scrounged up some hand sanitizer, from Carol I think, and said it should work to remove the black. Then we all carefully dabbed at my eyes until we all agreed it looked better lol

While I was in the bathroom a friendly scuba diver came by to say hello to our guests.

BeckysWeddingDay211.jpg

she wrote back and forth with my uncle.

After the makeup incident Jeff and I posed for pics in front of the Living Seas sign. Here are a few of them, I haven't photoshopped them yet and our friend with my camera has an odd idea of what 'straight' and 'centered' mean lol

weddingetc544.jpg

weddingetc537.jpg

weddingetc526.jpg

weddingetc550.jpg

weddingetc557.jpg

Then my girls and I went over to the piano and had a mini photoshoot. I wish I had a photo with a flash cause they didn't come out so well.

weddingetc559a.jpg

weddingetc562a.jpg

As I was starting to mingle some more with our guests over near the big tank windows i look up and who do I see in the distance?

BeckysWeddingDay217.jpg

Scuba Mickey!

I thought it quite comical that my mom was in the bathroom when he showed up. After seeing the BEO and where it said he could possibly only show up for 5 minutes she was paranoid about the whole thing!

BeckysWeddingDay224.jpg

He stayed for quite sometime. We kept rushing to get everyone in for pictures and then we didn't know what to do when he was still around lol. We ended up making his handler come out of hiding so we could pantomime with him for a bit before they both swam off.

BeckysWeddingDay226.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay229.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay231.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay233.jpg

We didn't know he was going to bring a sign! It was soo cool. I wish we could have kept it!

BeckysWeddingDay241.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay242.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay245.jpg

My father-in-law

BeckysWeddingDay253.jpg

My mom and my girls

BeckysWeddingDay261.jpg

Jeff's family. I didn't realize his brother had his tie on his head until later lol. My cousin decided to copy him. It was a classy affair lol

BeckysWeddingDay282.jpg

I love this shot of my MIL swimming in front of Mickey!

I was surprised at how quickly the reception wrapped up after Mickey left. I was worried that the reception would be too long, but I don't know where all the time went!

Pretty soon Carol and my mom were conferring about getting all the decorations back to the hotel and wrangling everyone for the bus.
We hugged Carol goodbye and took a pic with her and said our goodbyes to Julian as well. Neither of them would be at our dessert party later, but they let us know what to expect.

weddingetc613a.jpg

Us and Carol

Now it was off to the bus and time for us to check-in at the Yacht Club!

Up Next Dessert Party!

Scuba Mickey is SO COOL! How neat is that! What an awesome end to your reception.

And I know this post was just for me right. LOL! :rotfl:

I can only imagine about your make up. That happens to me a lot too, and then I freak out. I made sure on our VR day that I bought this eyeliner that is super water/smudge proof. It is made by Mally. She originally made it for actresses and pop stars, so that they would look good through an entire shoot or music video! I got it b/c I know I was going to cry and didn't want to look like a raccoon the rest of the day.

At least no one else noticed and you looked great.

So did your mom get to spend enough time with Mickey?

Scuba Mickey is SO COOL! How neat is that! What an awesome end to your reception.

And I know this post was just for me right. LOL! :rotfl:

I can only imagine about your make up. That happens to me a lot too, and then I freak out. I made sure on our VR day that I bought this eyeliner that is super water/smudge proof. It is made by Mally. She originally made it for actresses and pop stars, so that they would look good through an entire shoot or music video! I got it b/c I know I was going to cry and didn't want to look like a raccoon the rest of the day.

At least no one else noticed and you looked great.

So did your mom get to spend enough time with Mickey?

oo I might have to look into that Mally stuff.
I think my mom got her fair share of Mickey time lol. It's one of the many things about the day that she really loved.

Monday February 8th, 2010 - Part 9, Dessert Party!

The bus dropped us off at the lobby of the Yacht Club and we went inside to check in. I was super excited that the girl at chek-in put my new last name on my room card. I took a pic when we got to the room of my card the the night before and the new card. After we had settled in my MOHs brought over our bags from the Boardwalk and then we relaxed and watched some tv. I saw my first episode of Phineas and Ferb, omigosh! I looove that show now! I have my own stuffed Perry the Platypus and we just watched the new summer special yesterday.

I sent Jeff down to the shop to get some band-aids because my shoes were rubbing my heels. Soon it was time to head over to the International Gateway to meet our guests and start munching on some desserts!

We arrived and found our guide and a few of our guests. My dad's cousins who had missed all the rest of the events that day made it to the party and we welcomed them. my boss and his wife were there as well. Krystin brought me my jacket that my moms friend made me. It was a bit big and I was still a little chilly, but I refused to wear anyone else's coat lol

Vickiespicturesofwedding069.jpg

Once everyone was there we split up into groups of 3 so that everyone who wasn't a CM or had an AP got in on a cast ticket.

My dad took a pic of our guide
BeckysWeddingDay324.jpg

As we were getting everyone in we were talking to the turnstile CMs and one put us on the phone with the mickey and Minnie congratulations phonecall

Vickiespicturesofwedding076.jpg

Vickiespicturesofwedding075.jpg

Then we headed over to UK Lochside.

BeckysWeddingDay325.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay326.jpg

BeckysWeddingDay329.jpg

Lot's of yummy desserts! I don't think I even got to try them all. The ones I had though were awesome, I really liked the chocolate cream horns.

fireworks3.jpg

here's us in our fun Mickey glasses. We have a bunch of fun pics from the photographers of our guests in the glasses.

fireworks5.jpg

This is us and our MKGR friends. We invited some extra friends just to the dessert party.

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks6.jpg

fireworks1.jpg

the second photographer took some great overall shots of the show!

After IllumiNations wrapped up we all started to wander out. We said goodbye to most of our guests. Krystin was still with us on our way out and I realized it was because she wanted her moms bracelet back that was my something borrowed lol

As we walked back to the Yacht Club we could see a happening party over at ADH and I texted Sam asking her if we could have some glow sticks and join her rave lol.

When we got back to the room i took some pics of the room and my bouquet and dress.

weddingetc615.jpg

weddingetc616.jpg

weddingetc620.jpg

weddingetc626.jpg

weddingetc630.jpg

the bottom of my dress was black! Still is actually, I haven't done a thing with it in the six months since the wedding. Wow! I just realized today is 6 months! crazy!

I guess this is the end of my report! The next day I ended up having a dead cell phone and no charger. I had to call my mom using the room phone and get connected to her room. It was funny when the CM said "I'll connect you Mrs. A___"
I ended up having to call and book my parents two nights at POR because their flight was canceled and they couldn't get another for 2 days. The CM thought it was funny that I was booking a room at 830am the day after my wedding.
It was a gloomy rainy day with a bit of a chill, it made us appreciate the weather we had the day before that much more!

Awwww! I love it all.
I think your dress can really tell how much fun you had that day :thumbsup2

I just realized our VR will be just 3 days before your anniversary!
I hope we get as good weather as you guys :wizard:
Loved scuba Mickey, the pics of the dessert party were wonderful!

Phineas and Ferb is DH's and I favorite Disney Channel cartoon, gotta love Perry. We have been fans for quite a while, I hear they are bringing the characters for meet and greets to the parks soon finally!

Becky, I love all your pics! OMG I can't believe its been six months! I hope I see you when I go in October! I'll definitely ask!

I just found out I was nominated for the Disney Wedding Blog's Disney Wedding Awards 2010! Our invitations are up for best Invites! I am so proud of how they turned out and super excited that we were chosen as one of the three nominees since over 4000 people submitted recommendations for the nominees!!

Congrats to all my fellow 2010 Brides who were nominated. It's great to see so many of my fellow disBrides up for awards :woohoo:

Congratulations on your nomination. I know how exciting it was when Kris and I were nominated a few years ago for our welcome bags. I just went and voted for you :goodvibes

Congrats on your wedding .Now I have a few questions for you since you did the same dessert party and reception site as we are planning this November.So question is how much did it cost for Mickey in the tank?And what extra did you add for the reception from the basic package. Thanks Mike

what was the name of the dress? ilooooove it.

It's Harlow by Maggie Sotero. Thanks!

Congrats on your wedding .Now I have a few questions for you since you did the same dessert party and reception site as we are planning this November.So question is how much did it cost for Mickey in the tank?And what extra did you add for the reception from the basic package. Thanks Mike

I believe scuba Mickey was $1500. We were a Wishes wedding so there was no basic package, we just picked what we wanted and made sure we at least met the minimum. Good luck with your planning, the Living Seas Salon is an awesome location :goodvibes

By the way were planning a wishes wedding and also having it at Living Seas and it our wedding is 730pm .Question is what time is too late for guests to leave Epcot on there own without me having buses waiting cause our reception won't end till 130am.

Epcot usually closes at 9:00pm and I think buses run at least 3 hours past closing. So that means that regular Disney buses will run till around midnight. If your guests do not get out of your reception until 1:30 am I am not sure how many buses will be running at that time.

When my DH and I were married in November 2008 we had a morning ceremony in Epcot and a brunch reception at ADH that ended at 3:00pm and we had buses waiting for our guests to take them back to their resort.

We had a DP in Epoct that night and our guests took Disney transportation to this but the DP started at 8:00pm and was over by 9:30pm. Our guests took Disney transportation to and from this but it was during regular park open hours.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter