Bed Bugs Lawsuit - A Procedural Note

Very good information. Is there a strategic advantage in having the lawsuit limited to Florida or California for Disney Parks (I can think of a few)? Does this limitation also apply to international Disney theme parks (minority ownership except Paris)?
Potential strategic advantages:
  • the home turf advantage of being the largest private employer
  • Disney's witnesses to accidents and events will be in Florida.
  • Don't have to have scores of attorneys around the country defending lawsuits.
I don't know if Disney's international theme parks do this. If I recall right, Europe has pretty strict venue rules so it may not be necessary but I don't know what France's rules are on the subject. DCL contractually requires lawsuits be brought in Brevard County, Florida or the Federal Court in Orlando. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/cruise-contract/united-states/

WDW used to include similar language when guests bought a package or room only reservation (they still may, but I couldn't find it on their website). WDW, however, has been almost entirely successful in getting lawsuits transferred to Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!