Before and After Greece ABD

TXAKDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
We're arriving in Athens 2 days before the ABD starts. We're also doing a Greek isles cruise after the ABD, but it doesn't start until a week later. (The cruise was supposed to stop on Mykonos but the port was changed to Athens.)

Two of our kids are young (7 & 10). I'm not sure if we should stay at the resort on Crete past the end of the ABD given their ages?

We have a week in which we can stay on Crete, go back to Athens, perhaps go to Mykonos, go to another nearby location, or any combination of those options. Is there anything we should particularly focus on that ABD either misses altogether or that we should devote more time to?

I've never been to Mykonos, but folks I know who have been there loved it! Since the cruise doesn't go there anymore, it might be worth it to spend some time there.

The resort on Crete is beautiful, so an extra day or two there would be very relaxing.

On the Athens end, you might want to check out a day trip to Delphi. It used to be a part of the ABD, but they've replaced it with Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon (which is also great; I did that on a pre-day when I did the ABD). If you do Delphi, make sure and do a guided tour, because the history is what makes it fascinating.

Sayhello

Since you're already doing so much Greece, what about taking that week and heading to Italy or up the Adriatic coast to Croatia and Montenegro? So many amazing sights to see!

Since you're already doing so much Greece, what about taking that week and heading to Italy or up the Adriatic coast to Croatia and Montenegro? So many amazing sights to see!
Actually the cruise starts and ends in Ravenna (we're staying in Venice a couple nights after) and stops in Croatia. We did the Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice) ABD last year, and went to Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Rome beforehand (and stayed in Venice an extra night before heading to Germany). Also going to Italy (Capri, Naples, Rome, Florence, Venice) again next year.

Totally open to more Croatia (since we only stop for however many hours on the cruise) or other nearby countries though! I really have no idea what would be best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter