Being a Disney Fan and Single...not easy!

Although I have a quality life and so much to be thankful, I find myself empty when it comes to relationships. I have such a passion for Disney for a number of reasons. However, after going on a second date with this girl who is very nice just didn't seem to understand or try to understand the passion I have for Disney. Needless to say, when I dropped her home she was no longer interested. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but she definitely had no interest in Disney.

The way I look at it is that the person I am with doesn't have to love Disney like I do. But needs to show some kind of interest in what I ENJOY! As I would do the same in return.

Sorry for my rant but I'm just a little disappointed because I liked this girl. As I get older it gets more difficult to find someone you can connect with on all levels.

Well have a good night everyone! If you read this and can offer any advice or comments it is appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi hootie4,

I'm with you there. I love Disney so much that I feel as if I'm never going to meet a guy that's passionate about it as much as me. I honestly don't want to meet anyone that does not like Disney. I mean, I know there are guys out there that love going to the parks, and I know there are guys that are out there that hear the word Disney and go crazy. You, for example lol.

And yes, I'm 41 and I think I'll have a hard time finding me someone that is into Disney as much as I am, that is around my age bracket. The good thing is that I don't have kids yet.

Miami is not a hot spot for Disney lovers, but I'll be moving to central Florida in a couple of years, so I'll have more luck there lol.

Good luck to you!!

I agree with all that you wrote. I tend not to lead into me being a frequent visitor or an AP holder at first. I've brought it up in social settings previously and I get everything from weird stares to jaunting accusations of being a pedophile.

I agree with all that you wrote. I tend not to lead into me being a frequent visitor or an AP holder at first. I've brought it up in social settings previously and I get everything from weird stares to jaunting accusations of being a pedophile.

At least with me being a female I don't get accusations, but I get weird looks and friends asking me constantly when I'm going to Disney again. I have a great job for the area I live in and I'm going to go enjoy life and spend my time at Disney (and Universal for Halloween Horror Nights). Why not? I'm single, no kids, nothing holding me back from doing what I'd like to do. I'm glad I can spend my money however I want. (I don't just go spend money left and right and I have been saving and investing.)

I don't think it's easy to ever share what you are extremely passionate about. I've been judged for caring so much about childhood cancer awareness and Ronald McDonald House, but that's what I'm all about and nothing will change that.

You just need to find someone that gets why you are passionate about Disney World. Unfortunately, I can't tell you that it will be easy because people are so judgmental about nearly everything anymore. Good luck and don't give up! There's someone out there that's just as passionate as you are.

Okay now that is TERRIBLE!

At least with me being a female I don't get accusations, but I get weird looks and friends asking me constantly when I'm going to Disney again. .
Yep, me too. I have however been successful in converting a few friends to like Disney quite a bit. However, I can't get the same people to go with me every year...I have to keep rotating them around! haha

Most guys I've dated have not been into Disney but it would be AWESOME to find someone who shares the passion!

Okay now that is TERRIBLE!

Sad but true. I've gotten those looks too.

Yep, me too. I have however been successful in converting a few friends to like Disney quite a bit. However, I can't get the same people to go with me every year...I have to keep rotating them around! haha

I completely understand that. I have friends who like Disney, but they don't like it as much as I do and won't go a couple of times a year. One might, but he's not in a position to do so, but the others, either don't really care for it, or like to go every few years. I mean, do they expect me to wait that long? I start getting "cravings" almost as soon as I get back from a trip, ha ha!

Miami is not a hot spot for Disney lovers, but I'll be moving to central Florida in a couple of years, so I'll have more luck there lol.

I was thinking about moving to that area too. Can anyone give positives and negatives about living near the house pf mouse?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter