Best 50.00 gift ideas for unisex family secret santa?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Somewhere on this thread were ideas for great 50.00 secret gift gift ideas for a white elephant gift exchange for my family. Can you share ideas on a good gift for anyone early 30's to late 60's? Unisex?

Thanks!

Alcohol always goes over big. Gift cards, movie tickets. We do a gift exchange in my family but we always draw names. Our limit is also around $50.

We have fun with this in our family. My BIL one year brought $50 worth of tp and paper towels. I made sure to get that one. A fun laundry basket and lots of tide pods (I used coupons and got a whole bunch). Water hog doormat from LLBean. Someone did LED bulbs one year and I wanted that one but didn’t get it. (We have a 3 steals then it’s claimed rule). This year I’m buying the electric plug fixtures that can hold on plugs and USB cords. There have also been tons of other gifts like booze, nice towels and so on.

I always buy something I like in case I don’t like the other options. But I have yet to bring home my own gift.

I'd make a Stranger Things 80s basket - In an empty Eggo's box, I'd put a $30 Netflix gift card (so you have something useful to everyone), a bag of reese's pieces, an ET figurine or DVD, a rubik's cube, and a card with that show (and something about how "stranger things have happened in this family", etc:)...

Love the basket ideas.
Gift cards are safe.

Wouldn't do alcohol-too many people had problems drinking it. Nothing like giving a recovering alcoholic or someone convicted of drunk driving $50 in booze as a gift.
In my case with Crohn's, alcohol is prohibited.

Okay, as for the alcohol idea, I think most people know if there's an issue with anyone in their family. Just sayin...

As for my family, it's always a big hit for everyone over 21. Since we don't do white elephant we don't have to worry about my 19 year old niece who is the only one underage. We do the secret santa gift exchange with 18 people now.

Okay, as for the alcohol idea, I think most people know if there's an issue with anyone in their family. Just sayin...

As for my family, it's always a big hit for everyone over 21. Since we don't do white elephant we don't have to worry about my 19 year old niece who is the only one underage. We do the secret santa gift exchange with 18 people now.

Yeah, unless the OP specifically says no alcoholic gifts it is usually what I suggest for these kinds of gift exchange. I think it goes without saying that it is only a good gift if you know everyone in the group would appreciate it.

Yeah, unless the OP specifically says no alcoholic gifts it is usually what I suggest for these kinds of gift exchange. I think it goes without saying that it is only a good gift if you know everyone in the group would appreciate it.

But, the OP didn't say that.

The other idea (if your family doesn't really do tv show fun themes) is to do the "things you never think to clean" gift basket:)...so, all those new gifts gotten will actually stay clean, working, and germ free!:)

I'd put in the Tide washing machine cleaners, the new Keurig K Cup cleaners, the Endust Electronics anti-static air dust sprayer for laptops/phones/keyboards, the Endust Laser Lens Cleaner for CD/DVD/Blu Ray players/game systems/laptop and computer drives, LCD screens cleaner, some microfiber cloths, etc...I mean everyone has some detergent and spray, but not everyone has this kinda stuff...and this kinda stuff makes it easy:)...

I'd like to win a $50 trader joe bag!

Buy the .99 trader joe bag and fill it:

Pancake/ waffle mix, several kinds of GOOD syrup, scone mix, steel cut oats, package of good bacon, orange juice, teas, coffee. If it doesn't add up to $50, throw in a TJ giftcard or put in more bacon!!

Something that was really popular at our last gift exchange were those "Yeti" cups. You could make a "cozy comfort" basket with a mug, coffee/cocoa, chocolate, a super-soft blanket, fuzzy socks, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!