Best ABD for adventure?

melissaao

Earning My Ears
Hey y’all! So my mom and I are looking into doing an ABD in August while I’m home from college. We’ve done two before - Wyoming when I was a kid and Australia in high school - so we pretty much know what to expect but always want to do a good one for the hefty price. We’re big on adventure activities so we’ve narrowed the available trips I can do in August to Egypt, Iceland, Portugal, Italy & Amalfi Coast, and Peru. They all seem to have the most activities going on but we can’t seem to decide which ones most worth it. Is there anyone who has opinions to weigh in? We loved Australia having so many activities like snorkeling, camel ride, kayaking, etc so we’d like the same type of vibe being activity filled! Thanks in advance to anyone who weighs in!

Hey y’all! So my mom and I are looking into doing an ABD in August while I’m home from college. We’ve done two before - Wyoming when I was a kid and Australia in high school - so we pretty much know what to expect but always want to do a good one for the hefty price. We’re big on adventure activities so we’ve narrowed the available trips I can do in August to Egypt, Iceland, Portugal, Italy & Amalfi Coast, and Peru. They all seem to have the most activities going on but we can’t seem to decide which ones most worth it. Is there anyone who has opinions to weigh in? We loved Australia having so many activities like snorkeling, camel ride, kayaking, etc so we’d like the same type of vibe being activity filled! Thanks in advance to anyone who weighs in!
I went on the Portugal ABD last August with my husband & daughter (age 20). We all loved it but I would describe it as more active than adventurous. I would classify the Porto Bridge Climb as the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb Lite (assuming you did that in Australia). I am afraid of heights and was fine on the Porto Bridge Climb. Some people on the trip, including my daughter & husband did cliff jumping in the Algarve - but that was definitely not part of the ABD.

Here is information on an excellent trip report by one of my new friends from the Portugal ABD to help with your decision. It is pretty comprehensive so I'm not sure I can add anything to what she wrote, and in fact my husband is the one that made the reservation for one of the OYO meals that she mentions (fish grilled on the street with the gelato side trip). You can search Family Travel Magazine for Adventures by Disney Portugal Trip Report. The post is dated 8/23/22.

I went on the Portugal ABD last August with my husband & daughter (age 20). We all loved it but I would describe it as more active than adventurous. I would classify the Porto Bridge Climb as the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb Lite (assuming you did that in Australia). I am afraid of heights and was fine on the Porto Bridge Climb. Some people on the trip, including my daughter & husband did cliff jumping in the Algarve - but that was definitely not part of the ABD.

Here is information on an excellent trip report by one of my new friends from the Portugal ABD to help with your decision. It is pretty comprehensive so I'm not sure I can add anything to what she wrote, and in fact my husband is the one that made the reservation for one of the OYO meals that she mentions (fish grilled on the street with the gelato side trip). You can search Family Travel Magazine for Adventures by Disney Portugal Trip Report. The post is dated 8/23/22.
Thank you so much!! Awesome info I’ll definitely read that trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter