Best Bars and Lounges?

DisneyCraig523

Earning My Ears
I’ll be at WDW next week for a solo trip and I’m hoping to get suggestions on the best bars and lounges on property. Thanks!

As a solo traveler I’m really looking for just a laid back place to have a drink or two and maybe pick up some good conversation along the way. Not looking for a loud scene like at some of the Disney springs bars.
People chat mostly when you sit ‘at the bar’ I find, or at shared tables, like Trader Sams or Oga’s.

Jock Lindsey's (for the vibe)
Abracadabar (for the vibe and flatbreads)
Belle Vue Lounge (for the vibe)
Nomad Lounge (for the vibe)
Crew Cup Lounge (for the vibe and food from the Yachtsman)
Oga's Cantina (great for striking up conversation)

I'm biased as I'm a Tiki Bar kinda guy so Trader Sam's gets my vote. During the wait you can go up to Tambu Lounge and grab a Lapu Lapu.

Jock Lindsey's (for the vibe)
Abracadabar (for the vibe and flatbreads)
Belle Vue Lounge (for the vibe)
Nomad Lounge (for the vibe)
Crew Cup Lounge (for the vibe and food from the Yachtsman)
Oga's Cantina (great for striking up conversation)

I love Belle Vue! Thanks for the recommendations. Almost everyone has said Nomad so I’ll be sure to check that out. 😊

I love this question! We always frequent the lounges at Disney. The food is usually very good and many have happy hour specials that are lovely. We have also had some of the best (Victoria Falls) and worst (Nomad Lounge) service at Disney. With that being said, we always make time for Nomad Lounge and we only had terrible service one time by a very angry cast member. Clearly he thought he was better than food service and frequently stated how he used to be in one of the shows. However, the food there is top notch and I can't recommend it enough. Maybe I shouldn't though, I like being able to get a seat in there!

Other big favorites are Crew Cup Lounge, FANTASTIC service and the food was excellent as was their happy hour wine list. The meatballs are of note. We met amazing people there and had a great time chatting with the other patrons. We have not been there in years, but the Territory lounge was also a favorite as they had lovely apps there. We also enjoyed Victoria Falls and the Jiko Wine Bar, get the wild boar tenderloin and a chennin blanc if you head there. Lovely, but not great for socializing. The Dawa bar at AK is more open and friendly as we have had people buy us drinks there in an air of camaraderie!

Oh, I almost forgot one of my absolute go-to places, in fact we go there several times while at HS, the Baseline Tap House. Wow, we have always met great people to talk to and the beer flights are so much fun. The adults sit and enjoy the music and the flights and we let our teen's go do the rides. We also really enjoy their charcuterie board and pretzel.

Another great spot is the Brown Derby Lounge, the apps are GREAT and the lemon drop martini is a must do! We have frequently met people in line and shared tables. The mini desserts are fantastic, if you are in to that thing, as I am. If you time it right, you can see the Star Wars fireworks there as well.

The lounge next to Ohana is fun, but loud and not great for chatting. You can get those great sticky wings and a Lapu Lapu. I would skip if you are looking for meeting other travelers for company.

Wow, that was longer than expected. I hope that helps, these are just personal experiences and we all have our own tastes and socialization styles. I am super outgoing and love to meet people. Please report back and let us know how you make out.

I love this question! We always frequent the lounges at Disney. The food is usually very good and many have happy hour specials that are lovely. We have also had some of the best (Victoria Falls) and worst (Nomad Lounge) service at Disney. With that being said, we always make time for Nomad Lounge and we only had terrible service one time by a very angry cast member. Clearly he thought he was better than food service and frequently stated how he used to be in one of the shows. However, the food there is top notch and I can't recommend it enough. Maybe I shouldn't though, I like being able to get a seat in there!

Other big favorites are Crew Cup Lounge, FANTASTIC service and the food was excellent as was their happy hour wine list. The meatballs are of note. We met amazing people there and had a great time chatting with the other patrons. We have not been there in years, but the Territory lounge was also a favorite as they had lovely apps there. We also enjoyed Victoria Falls and the Jiko Wine Bar, get the wild boar tenderloin and a chennin blanc if you head there. Lovely, but not great for socializing. The Dawa bar at AK is more open and friendly as we have had people buy us drinks there in an air of camaraderie!

Oh, I almost forgot one of my absolute go-to places, in fact we go there several times while at HS, the Baseline Tap House. Wow, we have always met great people to talk to and the beer flights are so much fun. The adults sit and enjoy the music and the flights and we let our teen's go do the rides. We also really enjoy their charcuterie board and pretzel.

Another great spot is the Brown Derby Lounge, the apps are GREAT and the lemon drop martini is a must do! We have frequently met people in line and shared tables. The mini desserts are fantastic, if you are in to that thing, as I am. If you time it right, you can see the Star Wars fireworks there as well.

The lounge next to Ohana is fun, but loud and not great for chatting. You can get those great sticky wings and a Lapu Lapu. I would skip if you are looking for meeting other travelers for company.

Wow, that was longer than expected. I hope that helps, these are just personal experiences and we all have our own tastes and socialization styles. I am super outgoing and love to meet people. Please report back and let us know how you make out.

This is amazing. Thank you. Will definitely check out Baseline Tap. I was concerned about not having enough to do at HS but it sounds like this place is legit.

AKL and the Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht loop are my favorite resort areas so I will definitely check out the suggestions. Thank you!

Crew’s Cup has some great food and is super cozy.

Geyser Point for drinks on the water. Great place to catch the water pageant as well. Territory lounge also at WL isn’t bad either.

Baseline Taphouse in Hollywood studios is about as laid back as it gets but doesn’t have bar seating so not the best place to make friends so to speak. Great beers though.

Crew’s Cup has some great food and is super cozy.

Geyser Point for drinks on the water. Great place to catch the water pageant as well. Territory lounge also at WL isn’t bad either.

Baseline Taphouse in Hollywood studios is about as laid back as it gets but doesn’t have bar seating so not the best place to make friends so to speak. Great beers though.

I’ve heard good things about Geyser Point! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter