Best Beach you've ever been to?

Bellows Beach on Oahu. When we went there, hardly anyone around.

Waikiki: If I want the hustle and bustle

Miami Beach: Hustle and Bustle on East Coast back in the day.

Polihale State Park - Kauai, Hawaii
Warwick Long Bay - Bermuda

Last edited:

Venice Beach, California. I may have different criteria than others.
I get you. :thumbsup2 One of our favorite, not-to-be-missed places to visit in LA is the Santa Monica Pier and we love the Beach Cities. We stayed in Hermosa right near the pier on our trip last year. It's not really about sand and water.

The most beautiful beach we have personally been to is at Martinique - not sure of a name. In fact all the waters in the Caribbean are beautiful to us.

That must be Boatyard in Barbados! I loved it! every time we were in Barbados we would always end up on the Boatyard beach.

Clearwater Beach. White powder sand, not hot sand, clear warm water, large beach/not crowded, and tons to do in the immediate vicinity. We've been all over Hawaii, Florida, Caribbean, and Mexico and still think Clearwater is the best!

Paloma Beach - France. Not the best if you want silky sand, uncrowded, or cheap, but the people watching is the best. You might see a celebrity or two. Lots of great restaurants. Although my happy place is a beach with a good book, it does get boring after a few hours. Good people watching and taking a break with a great lunch is always a bonus for me.

As a child, Hampton Beach, NH (tough I know take my kids there and I still like it :) )
As an adult, probably one of the many beaches in Bermuda.

Bandon Beach, OR or any other OR state beach. For me, even though I enjoy a warm white sand beach at times, the best beaches are in the PNW. I love the grey sand, the grey blues of the water, wind, chilly water, rocks to climb on, etc. I love the waves crashing, storm watching, etc. of the beach in the winter. My fondest memories are of "bundling up" to go to the beach rather than putting on a swimsuit.

I dislike crowded beaches; if I’m going to the beach, I want a quiet, pretty view. Favorites are Cumberland Island, GA (doesn’t get more secluded and beautiful than that) and Mexico Beach, Florida— I’m really hoping it rebuilds after Hurricane Michael.

Was NOT a fan of Waikiki. The beach is narrow and crowded, and the rocks on the ocean floor made swimming/wading uncomfortable. It actually ranks as one of the worst beaches I’ve visited!

Megan’s Bay in St. Thomas

Magen's Bay is gorgeous! Loved the little beachfront bar. From the perspective of beautiful surroundings, Magen's is great. But when I consider overall, the lack of facilities and things to do, and the crowds are negatives for me.

Waikiki Beach in Oahu

Loved Waikiki for all the places to eat and shop around, but the beach itself was so crowded in our experience. But it was much better swimming than the North Shore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter