• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best cars for Class-C towing???

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
DH needs a new car in the next few months. We want to get something that can be towed by our 30' Winnebago. I'd love some opinions:D

In 2001, we bought a Ford Focus 4-dr wagon with manual 5-speed transmission to tow with our 31 ft Shasta Travelmaster. We didn't want the extra weight of a dolly or trailer, so we bought the standard transmission and it tows all four wheels on the road. (Plus I love driving a stick shift year round).

It cost about $1000 to have the car fitted, including the price of the tow bar. We had it installed at the RV dealer we purchased our rig from. The tow bar is made by Roadmaster.

The Ford Focus is a great car, and with the wagon, it's amazing how much I can haul around when it's not our "toad". We have even fit all three of our mountain bikes in the back!!

The other vehicle known for its "towability" is the Saturn.

Good luck!

I just noticed that you're from Derby - I'm from Pomfret!!

We have a Honda CRV that we tow with our Coachman. It is a flat tow, and does great. Hardly even know the vehicle is there.

lesia

That's kind of a question I had in my mind lately also. Wondering if we got a motorhome if we'd be able to pull my Ford Venture. DH said no but is that all that different than a Ford Windstar??

The reason this is an issue for me is that I don't like the idea of going in a motorhome and then if we want to go anywhere (store, use to get to the parks quicker, go offsite for other reasons, etc.) that we'd have to take the darn thing with us- rather than just leaving a pop up camper or TT there at the site and driving off in the tow vehicle- yanno? But that problem would be solved if we could pull my Venture.

?? What do you think? Impossible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter