• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Character Meal.... Fair Price.....

emmalgin

Mouseketeer
Will be there in March and kids (5 and 9) should still enjoy the meals. Which is the best in terms of food? We love all foods but have fairly high standards?

Last Time I went to Hoop de Doo (still showing) and thought it was the biggest waste of my money ever.

Not only did we have to leave MGM (on the best weather day of our trip) early to get there, I just was put off by what a b-grade show and mediocre food it was.

I was conned by having to reserve so far in advance.

Thanks,

We think Chef Mickeys, dinner buffet, at the Contemporary is pretty good. I've read posts, both good and not-so-good about Chef Mickeys. Our one experience there was wonderful.

The least expensive character meal we had was Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Can't remember the exact cost, I'm sure it's on www.wdwig.com I think it was about $3.00 pp cheaper than the most expensive char breakfast we had 1900 Park Fare. Cindy's was in the middle, price wise, but the best breakfast.

The least expensive char anything at WDW is Ice Cream Social at Epcot $6.75 per ice cream sundae. We have PS for this for April trip.

Best value for us (so far) is Crystal Palace dinner. It's not cheap, about $22 per adult, but you get prime rib and I'd pay $22 for prime rib dinner. The food is plentiful and variety. However, I find buffets less *tasty* than a nice sit down. For our family, this works best, I have little kids dd 8 and ds 2, so they love the place. We go VERY hungry and get our money's worth!

here is my 2 cents. I think with any buffet or character breakfast they have good days and bad ones. last april we went to chief mickey's had a great time good characters came around twice great food everything was nice and hot. went back for christmas and it was a let down cold food . only 3 of 4 characters made it around . went to crystal for dinner and it was great. this trip went to donalnds breakfastsaurs in ak and it was very good charaters came around twice and good food and made to order omeltes . hope this helps

We did chef mickey's last year in April for breakfast and it was great...We making PS for dinner this year. I have to buy my DH a chef's hat this year. He's the cook in the family and at work.

We love the Crystal Palace. The kids like Pooh and his friends and the food works for all of us. On our last trip, we had one of the last lunch seatings to save money. You may not get the prime rib, but it was still great. My DDs still talk about the salmon that is served there.

We found last year that the best food and exclusive access to characters for us was at The Land in Epcot. The food was fresher and more veggies. Because it is seldom crowded we had more time with Mickey, Chip and Dale. It was also quieter than Crystal Palace or The Contemporary.

I totally agree with the above poster! The Garden Grill is so relaxing, because the food is brought to you and you don't face other diners. The quality is very good and even though it's not cheap at $20.00 pp, you get beverages, salad and dessert included-plus Mickey Mouse. You can't go wrong with this meal!

Can you get a meal voucher for the meals at Garden Grill? This will be our 3rd year going to WDW and still haven't done alot I would have loved to do. Especially Epcot.....

punky's mom, according to wdwig.com the Garden Grill stopped doing Char Bkft in October '01. They still have lunch and dinner char meals though. Here is the specific link to see which restaurants are covered for the connections bkft vouchers--it looks like most of them are listed:

http://www.mousesavers.com/connections.html

Carla

It depends on which meal you're interested in, but our favorite character meal has always been Cinderella's Royal Table (and breakfast isn't even our favorite meal!). We usually get a ressie as late in the morning as possible and then we don't need lunch. We like it because the atmosphere is the best of all character meals (in our opinion) and the food is good too - especially the stuffed french toast. Although it is a pre-plated meal, you can get as many refills on everything as your stomach can hold! We're going back in July and will try to get ressies for Cindy's table again (I call in right at 6 am to get them). Even though my daughter is past the age for wanting character autographs, we still love dining at Cindy's!

We went to the garden grille in epcot last march and the food and characters were wonderful.everyone that we know that has gone there agree's that it has the best food at disney. last year we did lunch there and it was abot $5.00 cheaper than at dinner, and had the same meal and characters.

Personally, I think the breakfasts are a rip-off. They're usually priced about $5 less than dinner per adult. I don't mind paying $22 for dinner on vacation, but $17 for breakfast is outrageous to me. I mean, what do eggs cost?

Also, you eat up a lot of prime park time sitting at a long breakfast. By the time lunch or dinner rolls around, you need a break anyway.

We have eaten dinner twice each at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Maybe we were just lucky, but we thoroughly enjoyed each of those meals. The food and characters each time were fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter