Best Character Meal?

chris1212

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are making our first trip to DL after multiple DW trips over the past few years. We are looking to book one character dining meal and was looking for opinions on what our best bet is? We have 3 kids age 6 and under. Where would be the best character experiences, with decent food? Thanks!

I loved the Plaza Inn. Lots of characters, the big three from Pooh, plus Rabbit. And Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, and a Penguin from Mary Poppins. This was last Sunday.

We did the Plaza Inn on Thursday, Nov 30th and love it. We spent about 90 minutes and met 10 characters. My 7 yo nephew had a blast.

I agree, plaza inn breakfast. We also did Goofys for dinner on arrival day which was very good typical interactions with the more recognizable characters and plenty of food choices.
We had a 10:30 Plaza Inn reservation. We sat in the back by a lovely Xmas tree. We were able to take some
Great pics with the characters by the tree without dirty plates and other people in the shot. It wasn’t very crowded when we went the last week of November.
Lots of funny character interactions and many came around more than once. Peter Pan cavorted around the restaurant and came by our table probably 4 or 5 times, which was great because my son loved teasing him about Captain Hook. The baboon ? From Lion King picked bugs out of my kids hair, lol!
A really nice cast member that was selling the pictures of the Minnie Mouse shot you do at the beginning was fab. When she came by, we declined buying the pictures but she came back later and gave me a rose, explaining it was from Beauty and the Beast because I had flowers on my shirt that they liked. Food was very good.

I haven't been for some time but Plaza Inn is always our must do. we love the interaction the food isn't bad, and I love how you can see 8-10 normally.

Another vote for the Plaza Inn. Great food and lots of characters. We saw 11 at our last breakfast.

Another vote for Plaza! Off the top of my head, we saw... Fairy Godmother, Hook, Rafiki, Minnie, Chip (Dale?), Tigger, Eeyore, and a few others I'm not remembering. A great assortment of characters.

That being said, I'd go for whatever one has the characters your child knows--seeing Rafiki or Fairy Godmother isn't exciting if they have no idea who they are.

Another vote here for the Plaza Inn. It's perfect for kids of all ages. We've done the Plaza Inn for breakfast a couple of times now...usually by hitting the park at rope drop, go on rides for a couple of hours, and then do the Plaza Inn breakfast at a later seating (like 10 am). be sure to eat a grab & go breakfast in the hotel room of course!

The late breakfast at the Plaza Inn is our favorite. As the restaurant clears out, you get more and more character interactions. We had one last year where Dale and Captain Hook were fighting for the affections of my daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter