Best cupcakes?

bocaj1431

DIS Veteran
One food item I really look forward to at DW are their cupcakes. Luuuv!
We have not been to DW in about 5 years.

What are the best places for cupcakes and what is your favorite cupcake? Is there a list of the different types of cupcakes at the various DW hotels?

I have actually been wondering the same thing. We are on DDP so we have a ton of snacks to use and i want to get our $ worth. Cupcakes are usually a decent way to do that so i was hoping for some fun and different ones. I am also hunting for a way to figure out where we want to get snacks at Disney Springs. We havent been since the renovation but everything i can find doesnt have the purple squares on the menu like most disney restaurants do, so i am not sure how snacks work there. Are some places not on the DDP? I cant find any decent info on that....

I know you asked for cupcakes but I had a red velvet whoopie pie at sunshine seasons in Epcot that’s hard not to mention. It was so delicious!!

I know you asked for cupcakes but I had a red velvet whoopie pie at sunshine seasons in Epcot that’s hard not to mention. It was so delicious!!

Sounds good! We will definitely check that out.

I have actually been wondering the same thing. We are on DDP so we have a ton of snacks to use and i want to get our $ worth. Cupcakes are usually a decent way to do that so i was hoping for some fun and different ones. I am also hunting for a way to figure out where we want to get snacks at Disney Springs. We havent been since the renovation but everything i can find doesnt have the purple squares on the menu like most disney restaurants do, so i am not sure how snacks work there. Are some places not on the DDP? I cant find any decent info on that....

There used to be a cupcake chart that listed all the different types of cup cakes and where they were located throughout DW. I wish I could find it online.
I haven’t used the dining plan in a while so things may have changed but I think there is a brochure that lists all the places accepting DDP. I thought it was found on the Disney cite with DDP info. Another option,if they are equal to a snack exchange are the mickey Ice cream bars and sandwiches. So good!

What are the best places for cupcakes and what is your favorite cupcake? Is there a list of the different types of cupcakes at the various DW hotels?
Sprinkles in Disney Springs are 'the best' cupcakes at Disney. Also available at their ATM (yes, really).

The ones at Be Our Guest are not worth the calories. But try the grey-stuff, it's delicious.

I have never been on the dining plan, so I can't discuss use of snack credits. But I can tell you the quick service places where I have found cupcakes.

Epcot's Future World:
Starbucks (Fountain View)
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons Food Court downstairs in the Land, but it often has a surprisingly small selection

Epcot's World Showcase:
Karamell-Kuche in Germany
Kringla Bakeri in Norway but I think that might be closed

Animal Kingdom:
Starbucks (Creature Comforts)
Zuri's Sweet Shop

Hollywood Studios:
Starbucks (Trolley Car Cafe)
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie's
ABC Commissary
Rosie's All American Cafe

Magic Kingdom:
I haven't been on a cupcake search in this park in a long time, so my list isn't great
Main Street Confectionery
I assume the Starbucks (Main Street Bakery) has them but I haven't checked
There's a gift shop in the new section of Fantasyland which has them

Boardwalk:
Boardwalk Bakery
Boardwalk gift shop

Hotels:
Yacht Club gift shop, refrigerator section
Beach Club gift shop, refrigerator section
The Mara quick service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House
Those are the only hotels I have stayed at lately. I have heard that the Contemporary and Pop Century also have cupcakes.

This was the thread I used to enjoy but nobody has posted on it in a long time: https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-me-the-cupcakes.2702083/page-57

Strawberry cupcake at Be Our Guest
Strawberry cupcake from the cupcake ATM at Disney Springs

I have never been on the dining plan, so I can't discuss use of snack credits. But I can tell you the quick service places where I have found cupcakes.

Epcot's Future World:
Starbucks (Fountain View)
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons Food Court downstairs in the Land, but it often has a surprisingly small selection

Epcot's World Showcase:
Karamell-Kuche in Germany
Kringla Bakeri in Norway but I think that might be closed

Animal Kingdom:
Starbucks (Creature Comforts)
Zuri's Sweet Shop

Hollywood Studios:
Starbucks (Trolley Car Cafe)
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie's
ABC Commissary
Rosie's All American Cafe

Magic Kingdom:
I haven't been on a cupcake search in this park in a long time, so my list isn't great
Main Street Confectionery
I assume the Starbucks (Main Street Bakery) has them but I haven't checked
There's a gift shop in the new section of Fantasyland which has them

Boardwalk:
Boardwalk Bakery
Boardwalk gift shop

Hotels:
Yacht Club gift shop, refrigerator section
Beach Club gift shop, refrigerator section
The Mara quick service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House
Those are the only hotels I have stayed at lately. I have heard that the Contemporary and Pop Century also have cupcakes.

This was the thread I used to enjoy but nobody has posted on it in a long time: https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-me-the-cupcakes.2702083/page-57

This is great!!! Thanks for this list it’s just what I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions. Definitely sounds like sprinkles is a must, especially given that you can get them out of a ATM. We have to see that.

For my money it's Sprinkles @ Disney Springs.
They don't accept any dining plans as I learned last time I was there so I consoled myself by splitting a second cupcake with a traveling companion.
As to favorites well the offerings are seasonal but you can check at the website as to what they are offering in advance:

http://sprinkles.com/

See, this is what i was afraid of, that only certain places at DS accept the dining plan and i guess short of carrying around a list, i'm not sure how we will know which places or items are available for our snack credits. we usually have soooooo many extra credits on that last day, so finding some interesting and fun places to spend them on our last couple of days would be great!

See, this is what i was afraid of, that only certain places at DS accept the dining plan and i guess short of carrying around a list, i'm not sure how we will know which places or items are available for our snack credits. we usually have soooooo many extra credits on that last day, so finding some interesting and fun places to spend them on our last couple of days would be great!
Erin McKennas takes the dining plan snack credits.

As far specifically as who accepts snack credits at DS, pretty sure Earl of Sandwich does for certain desserts (think we brought brownies from them) and fruit.

I love the strawberry cupcake at BOG. I used to like the cappuccino cupcake from Pizza Planet at HS, does anyone know if there's anywhere else that's serving that one? It was possibly my favorite! Pop Century has The King, which is a chocolate cupcake, filled with banana custard, topped with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon, and drizzled with chocolate. I got this a few years ago, and it was filled with just mashed banana, not custard, and I did not like that, would've loved it had it been the custard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter