BEST. DAY. EVER. May '17 w/Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby NEW 8/28 x2 THE END!!

We went on TSM twice that morning on stand-by and then once with FP.

This makes me want to reconsider my DHS plans so that we have a morning there...because the way I have it now we will only be there in the afternoon so we can get the one FP+ and that is it...unless there are more same day FP+ for it ever??? I love that ride. I can see how your arm could hurt after doing it a few times though lol

What a fun day with all the extra Star Wars stuff! I just started pin collecting with my DD last time...I'm not sure though how much she will still be into it this time...we will see...

What a beautiful morning for a walk to HS. Looks like you made the right decision in that regard.

I can't wear headbands or Mickey Ears either. I don't know if it's the shape or my head's just too big, but they don't stay on and give me a headache.

That dress is adorable! Thanks for giving out the info.

On our family trip in January, I brought dollar store glow sticks for my grandkids to trade with the jawas. It only worked for the first kid, but he got a cute little R2D2 in the trade. Thank goodness the other two kids weren't upset.

I love that there's a cm translating for BB-8! Nice touch, Disney!

You guys are just too cute in all your PP photos!

Today was May the 4th also known as STAR WARS Day! For any Star Wars Fan, it's your chance to geek out a bit and head to Hollywood Studios wearing Star Wars gear, ride Star Tours, buy limited edition merchandise, and watch Star Wars fireworks. Steve and I did just that, and so much more!

This would be Nathan's perfect day. :P May someday we'll get there for May the 4th. Maybe once the new SW land is built!

I wore my Star Wars headband for the first time. I bought it at NY Comic Con about 2 years ago and never wore it so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. It kept sliding off my head though. I don't have the head shape for headbands or Mickey Ears I realize...

Such a cute SW ensemble! I seem to be in the same head-shape-issue boat. :(

He "talks" and spins his head. The CM translates Droid for you. Good thing as my Droid is a little rusty.

I was a little unsure about this meet. We still haven't done it. But I feel like the CM translating would make a huge difference in how effective it is! I always wondered what you'd do at a meet like this if you just walk up and BB-8 kinda chatters and you leave with no conversation.

I got a BB-8 selfie too!

Love this!

Haha, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2 Those dang Jawa's STILL freak me out :eek:

How awesome to be at the parks ON May 4th!:jumping3::jumping2:

Haha I don't know how you survived on your cruise, but it looks like you did :)
It was pretty awesome to be there for May the 4th. Lots of SW fans, but it wasn't like super crowded, you know? So it was a nice mix!

Great update and how fun to spend May the 4th riding Star Tours! And I agree...let's get Star Wars Land finished already!!

Thank you! It was really fun to be part of May the 4th, even though there wasn't anything really special going on at the parks. They should have done something like have more character meet n greets but I guess they are saving it all for Star Wars land...

So cute!!! And your dress, too!!! You were perfectly themed :goodvibes

Thank you! I tried...since I missed Dapper Day this was my homage to both Dapper day and Star Wars day. :)

I love this walk! Though best not to do when super tired, as I've made the mistake doing :laughing:

Haha, yes definitely a longer walk than anticipated. And definitely not one to do coming back from DHS after a looong day as it'll literally make you want to pass out on the way...

This makes me want to reconsider my DHS plans so that we have a morning there...because the way I have it now we will only be there in the afternoon so we can get the one FP+ and that is it...unless there are more same day FP+ for it ever??? I love that ride. I can see how your arm could hurt after doing it a few times though lol

It really depends on the crowds. For this trip the crowds were so light we were able to on Toy Story a few times that morning, and then at night closer to the fireworks we went on back to back rides with no line at all as well. It was great. Oh and I WAS able to get same day FP as well. The most recent May trip, I didn't get an FP and there was no way we were riding Toy Story. Waits up to 65 minutes almost all day with no FP in sight. I hope mid-august won't be so bad. Definitely first thing in the morning is key, but during the evening I think closer to the fireworks and fantasmic the rides will begin to clear out a bit so that may be a good time to go (if you're not watching Fantasmic or SW Fireworks though!)

What a fun day with all the extra Star Wars stuff! I just started pin collecting with my DD last time...I'm not sure though how much she will still be into it this time...we will see...

There are so many pins now! I love looking at the pins even though I don't collect. They are quite heavy to bring around with you though!

What a beautiful morning for a walk to HS. Looks like you made the right decision in that regard.

It was a lovely morning. It didn't get too hot at that time yet so the long walk was ok. We beat the ferry, so that's a good thing!

I can't wear headbands or Mickey Ears either. I don't know if it's the shape or my head's just too big, but they don't stay on and give me a headache.

Yeah I dont' know what's wrong with my head! I think my head is wide although it is flat...I just can't wear any ears anymore. I really want to do as they are so cute. Maybe I need to find those custom ones.

That dress is adorable! Thanks for giving out the info.

You're welcome! It's a really cute and unique dress. All the CMs said they loved it!

On our family trip in January, I brought dollar store glow sticks for my grandkids to trade with the jawas. It only worked for the first kid, but he got a cute little R2D2 in the trade. Thank goodness the other two kids weren't upset.

Cute! That's a good idea. I always forget stuff to trade with a Jawa. I once traded a pen away for a piece of paper, LOL. Never again!

I love that there's a cm translating for BB-8! Nice touch, Disney!

Haha yeah that was very helpful or else we'd just be talking nonsense...haha.

You guys are just too cute in all your PP photos!

Thank you!!

This would be Nathan's perfect day. :P May someday we'll get there for May the 4th. Maybe once the new SW land is built!

That's our plan too! Well, hopefully in 2019 if the park will be open by then. But if not it would be cool one year to spend May the 4th in the SW land!

Such a cute SW ensemble! I seem to be in the same head-shape-issue boat. :(

Thank you! Yeah I have not had much luck with ears...either they fall off, or I lose them :(

I was a little unsure about this meet. We still haven't done it. But I feel like the CM translating would make a huge difference in how effective it is! I always wondered what you'd do at a meet like this if you just walk up and BB-8 kinda chatters and you leave with no conversation.

I think they had to do this or else everyone would just walk away puzzled. It was cute though and I think you should definitely do this next time!

Love this!

Thank you!

What a cute Star Wars outfit!

Thank you so much!

So I haven't seen the movie and a lot of what you posted is lost on me until I do see the movie. It does look like (as with most Disney attractions) they paid a lot of attention to detail. As far as the ride vehicle, someone else may have said this but it looks like the same vehicle that is used in the Tron ride in Shanghai. It also sounds like the simulator that the Sovereigns use in Guardians Vol 2. I'm glad you got to go on the ride so many times!

Thanks for the reviews of the food. If I eat at McDonald's I get my burgers without ketchup or mustard, so I'm not sure if I would like those variations on the pork buns. I guess they think that most people aren't adventurous enough just to eat pork buns. I'd rather have that! You got some nice photopass pictures as well. I'm really hoping that within the next month I can plan a 2018 trip to WDW an perhaps check out this cool new land. I didn't watch any videos, just because I don't want too many spoilers, but having an idea of what to expect is fun for me!

It's always fun visiting the parks on May the 4th, I wish we could have gone this year. I love that dress! But I have so many Star Wars and Droid dresses, I really can't justify any more of them! Too bad that the ears and such don't really fit your head. I rarely wear them either as I need something that shades my face better. Good Choice on 50's Prime time, we finally ate there and loved the Fried Chicken as well!

Loved your Star Wars May the 4th outfit! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 50's Prime Time. We skipped it on our last trip - but I remember it fondly. We enjoyed being able to walk from Boardwalk to HS as well!

Definitely first thing in the morning is key, but during the evening I think closer to the fireworks and fantasmic the rides will begin to clear out a bit so that may be a good time to go (if you're not watching Fantasmic or SW Fireworks though!)

Yeah that's another thing I've been debating too. We have actually never seen Fantasmic. I tried to get a dinner package but couldn't, so we'll just have to hope for the best. I kind of want to see it, but at the same time I think it might be a good time to take advantage of hopefully lower wait times for rides like TSMM and then beat it back to the busses before the crowds. That's the thing I really hate about late nights...you're so tired and you just want to get back already...and then you have to wait with the hordes...which is probably why I've never seen Fantasmic lol

How great to be there on May 4th :thumbsup2
Another very cute dress and I love your headband!
DD and I got to meet BB8 last week that and meeting Starlord and Baby Groot were amazing. We were totally geeking out.
I'm glad you got to meet Olah he's so sweet.

So I haven't seen the movie and a lot of what you posted is lost on me until I do see the movie. It does look like (as with most Disney attractions) they paid a lot of attention to detail. As far as the ride vehicle, someone else may have said this but it looks like the same vehicle that is used in the Tron ride in Shanghai. It also sounds like the simulator that the Sovereigns use in Guardians Vol 2. I'm glad you got to go on the ride so many times!

I only saw the movie once when it first came out, but you kinda get the gist of it. The attention to detail is amazing and it's just cool to explore something so new! The ride vehicle is very similar to what the Sovereigns use in GuTG Vol 2. That is a very good analogy!

Thanks for the reviews of the food. If I eat at McDonald's I get my burgers without ketchup or mustard, so I'm not sure if I would like those variations on the pork buns. I guess they think that most people aren't adventurous enough just to eat pork buns. I'd rather have that! You got some nice photopass pictures as well. I'm really hoping that within the next month I can plan a 2018 trip to WDW an perhaps check out this cool new land. I didn't watch any videos, just because I don't want too many spoilers, but having an idea of what to expect is fun for me!

Haha surprisingly you couldn't really taste much ketchup or mustard either...it was mainly just ground beef. I think they should have just stuck with pork buns as well. It would have been more flavorful. I don't really think they are considered adventurous anymore. You see them everywhere, well at least in NYC.

Definitely check out Pandora in 2018, hopefully the crowds would die down a bit. I'm a little scared for August. hot and crowded is what I am expecting.

It's always fun visiting the parks on May the 4th, I wish we could have gone this year. I love that dress! But I have so many Star Wars and Droid dresses, I really can't justify any more of them! Too bad that the ears and such don't really fit your head. I rarely wear them either as I need something that shades my face better. Good Choice on 50's Prime time, we finally ate there and loved the Fried Chicken as well!

Thank you! May the 4th was fun although there wasn't really anything special going on a the parks aside from merchandise. All the Star Wars fans were out though!
50's Prime Time was good and satisfying. I forget how yummy the food is here as all I really remember are the "eat your veggie" shenanigans.

Loved your Star Wars May the 4th outfit! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 50's Prime Time. We skipped it on our last trip - but I remember it fondly. We enjoyed being able to walk from Boardwalk to HS as well!

Thank you!! Will be posting 50's prime time soon. It was quite tasty!
The Boardwalk is a great location! I hope to stay there again in the future.

Yeah that's another thing I've been debating too. We have actually never seen Fantasmic. I tried to get a dinner package but couldn't, so we'll just have to hope for the best. I kind of want to see it, but at the same time I think it might be a good time to take advantage of hopefully lower wait times for rides like TSMM and then beat it back to the busses before the crowds. That's the thing I really hate about late nights...you're so tired and you just want to get back already...and then you have to wait with the hordes...which is probably why I've never seen Fantasmic lol

Fantasmic really is a great show. I really love it but we keep missing on our most recent trips it as the time is close to the SW fireworks and SW usually wins. LOL. I have honestly never not been able to get a seat even with no FP or dining package. I think most angles have a great view and iId rather sit in the back and get out quickly than have a prime seat up front (you also may get wet due to the sprays of water). So I'd definitely try to fit this in just because I really love the music, and the story, and love the part with the princesses as well as the ending with all the characters.

How great to be there on May 4th :thumbsup2
Another very cute dress and I love your headband!
DD and I got to meet BB8 last week that and meeting Starlord and Baby Groot were amazing. We were totally geeking out.
I'm glad you got to meet Olah he's so sweet.

Thank you!! It was a fun day!
I'm so happy you met BB8 as well as StarLord and Baby Groot. They appeared for the first time while we were there...do we get to meet them though...hmmm :rolleyes1\
Olaf is super cute! I'm glad we met him!

Which was better, Star Wars Day at Sea or May 4th in the parks?

By far SWDAS was more entertaining. The day was definitely geared to that special event and almost everyone on the ship participated in something SW-related. Plus you can wear costumes!
May the 4th at DHS was just a regular DHS day but they had some special merchandise, that was it, no special character meets or shows. It was not like the old Star Wars weekends they used to have. That was fun. But there were a bunch of SW fans out in full force on May the 4th, which was pretty cool although Launch Bay Meet n Greets and Star Tours were more crowded than usual. If you're not there for the special merchandise and just wanted a regular DHS day then come the day after on May the 5th...it was pretty empty! Maybe they will do something special when SW land opens, that would be cool.

Chiming in to echo what everyone has said - your outfits are TOO cute and the star wars ensemble was one of the best yet. One of my fave things about your reports are the pictures of your great Disney wardrobe. I still remember Chunkysis and her fortitude in wearing longer sleeves in August - though it always looked terrific.

the walk to DHS is much much longer than the walk to Epcot so be prepared for that.
Very true, but still awesome that you can walk to 2 parks!

I wore my Star Wars headband for the first time.
You look absolutely adorable in that headband :goodvibes

Even though the walking distance was a little long it was a lovely walk down a serene path near the water. We still made it there before any ferry did, so it's a good thing we did not rely on Disney transportation this morning.
I love walking to HS from the Epcot resorts, even though it's not a short walk and as long as I'm not covered in sweat by the time we get there lol. It's so pretty and relaxing. Like you said if a ferry isn't waiting when you start out you'll often get to the park before a ferry arrives, and especially later at night you'll most definitely get back to your resort quicker by walking rather than waiting on what's usually a super long line for the boat!

We then met another character who was a first for us, Olaf!!
None of us have ever met Olaf! This is sad to admit but I usually forget he's there :( I would like to meet him so I have to make a point to remember him in August.

You know I'm not a big SW fan (OK.....not really any kind of SW fan) but I can imagine how cool it is to be in HS on May the 4th!

Chiming in to echo what everyone has said - your outfits are TOO cute and the star wars ensemble was one of the best yet. One of my fave things about your reports are the pictures of your great Disney wardrobe. I still remember Chunkysis and her fortitude in wearing longer sleeves in August - though it always looked terrific.

Thank you so much!! It is actually crazy how I have a Disney wardrobe, but I do! I work in finance and dress mostly conservatively and Disney allows me to wear all the fun t-shirts and dresses, LOL.
Chunkysis will still be wearing her long sleeves and leggings in the dead of summer so you can be sure to see them in pictures after our August trip. We make fun of her all the time but that's what she wants to do. ButI get hot just looking at her layers in the heat! Thanks for reading!!

Very true, but still awesome that you can walk to 2 parks!

I loved this aspect of the Boardwalk!

You look absolutely adorable in that headband :goodvibes

Thank you! If only it stayed on my head...

I love walking to HS from the Epcot resorts, even though it's not a short walk and as long as I'm not covered in sweat by the time we get there lol. It's so pretty and relaxing. Like you said if a ferry isn't waiting when you start out you'll often get to the park before a ferry arrives, and especially later at night you'll most definitely get back to your resort quicker by walking rather than waiting on what's usually a super long line for the boat!

I like the option to walk too. Just because that ferry is soooo slow and the lines are usually pretty long. So unless we cannot walk anymore we'll just take the ferry.

None of us have ever met Olaf! This is sad to admit but I usually forget he's there :( I would like to meet him so I have to make a point to remember him in August.

I forget he's there too!! So when we passed by we decided to stop since it was a short wait.

You know I'm not a big SW fan (OK.....not really any kind of SW fan) but I can imagine how cool it is to be in HS on May the 4th!

Haha is Steve or your sons SW fans? It was fun to be there that day. They didn't do anything special like they used to for Star Wars weekends but they did have the special merchandise.

OK you convinced me...as long as we aren't too wiped out, I will give it a shot!

Yay! We will try to go one night too.

Following!

Hi!!
Thank you for reading!!

We were running on adrenaline anyways and couldn't be stopped!

Yeah, that walk in July was not fun, but it's so convenient!

y7aROeQGBl6WERnK5A3gda2WjdfPOAK2y7J8CVZsqVbEJuCDldQIgAvOl17cx7po_UWLTvA-uMuiXaYkOXFF0ZRH_Rw9HqHT9tew2cwZQ29sqcQ6BDFUUORpAZJXv_3GQrl4DPXy-vr2PLR74HdF0WozuSccDsZOO453nCrr3X_Yh4drXokc8XEoLpu1G3t-P4zAi5-7jKzApqpBe74Gh3dnwR6DucqhnpQJfV-uRd09igKqo7RKOsWluLkPmd9vm61df_SkRzZ61p8jknQd2k-Bv4duB4o6yLDufOrsHZ4NXw9PBHg2BkgvwejpkHFFa_D5BIsK1P61lNTM4jHzf1FIfFxpW8nQnvZl-wuyY6l5oAp7rgR23xOpi4kjIxJ9Nz_ohP1W06GiU4O3N3Wlb6r8QPBSxWk1FBeC2TO0zDX88HSTOUu0R4qhciTwLaNEt_IRwXk5VrXBNaWQDvr1wPi-w-LNNFfnJJinBAsQcxhWnCYgpl6a0r8ynp-6xwdlPgIOQsnIaCsjlCMDMEtnNJLTlxDxUan_qAOLkRI3TRsfKc6LrhirzdVwk-tP_gJ7b7hMusa0LLumLDk0qxGAmQB3DwCzQWDTJ-q6h2mJX0QKJEE1SzU8_A=w479-h638-no

So...I may need this. I never buy the special MBs, but that one may be needed.

Now hurry up and open Star Wars Land, Disney!

RIGHT?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter