Best Disney Books

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So I have read the Walt Disney biographies and looking for recommendations for the best Disney books? I’m very interested in the parks development, history, inside attractions secrets, things like that. Recommendation’s please

Wow who is interested in the history anymore 😃
Walt disneys railroad story by Michael Broggie. Look on Carolwood pacific railroad society much cheaper, also a lot of history on the website itself. If you like the book the carolwood pacific room “train room” at wilderness lodge has a lot of history. Trains were a huge part of the history… there was a lot of great books at one time a lot are out of print now and $$ used or ripped apart for the prints in them.

Ooh, I have a whole shelf of these types of books!

I recommend checking out Theme Park Press, they have such a huge variety of topics. They are an independent publisher, and some books can be hit-or-miss IMO, but many of the history/parks development style books are solid. Jim Korkis, Didier Ghez, and Andrew Kiste are all a great place to start, depending on your interest. Jim Korkis especially.

I've heard great things about Progress City Primer by Michael Crawford, but it's on my TBR shelf still so can't speak to it personally.

They're not new, but I also thoroughly enjoyed Marty Sklar and Kevin Rafferty's books on their time with the company.

Thanks for the info about Progress City Book.
The Xander Progress City walk around in the Cosmic Rewind Que in Epcot is amazing and seriously needs a Book selling in gift shop!
(Hidden Mickey in the city ) …
When I lived in Kansas City, Mo the downtown library branch had a serious collection of Walt Disney books on their shelf.
I will have to check out the Celebration Library nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter