Best Disney resort for adults-only trip? (during COVID re-opening)

undertheseachelle

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Disney in November for our 2nd Disney trip together (my 10th!). We had originally booked POR for Mon-Sat the week of Thanksgiving, but since our resort won't be open we opted to change our dates to a week later and pay to upgrade to Kidani Village- Studio. Still open to changing again, so I'm curious if anyone has any favorite options for an Adults Only (special anniversary trip) during the holidays at Disney? TY!

A couple of thoughts... without paying attention to what's open. Bay Lake Tower studios are lovely. I can't say enough about being in a monorail resort with all of those nearby bars and restaurants. Similar feelings about Boardwalk and Swolfin. Evenings strolling around Crescent Lake. Fantastic bars and restaurants....

We love Gran Destino for an adults-only trip. Not sure if it will stay open after the NBA leaves, but we have November reservations and fingers crossed!

Kidani is a great choice for an adults-only trip! If you wanted to stay at the Moderate level, Caribbean Beach and Coronado will both be open by then, but Kidani is a better resort than either of those, unless you're in the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado, which costs more than the other rooms there.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Do you want to be somewhat secluded? Parks everday? Monorail rides everywhere? A good middle ground is Wilderness Lodge. Boat ride to Magic Kingdom, but not on monorail. Good food. Interesting theming. Lots of wood and stone inside and trees outside.
Polynesian has great theming but can get busy as it's on monorail. Kidani is secluded from almost everything, great theming, interesting stuff to see plus live animals, great food, two resorts together, but long hallways & bus rides to everywhere. All in all, I'd stick with Kidani. You'll be happy there.

I would pick the Contemporary or Bay Lake.
  1. Great restaurants are onsite - Cali Grill, The Wave, Chef Mickeys
  2. Monorail access.
  3. Walk to MK.
  4. Great place to watch the MK fireworks (IF they are doing firework shows by November).
  5. Lots of recreational activities and shops on site.

Boardwalk. Close to epcot and Hollywood studios. Great restaurants at all the surrounding hotels and on the boardwalk and it’s a fun place to hang out.

Beach or Yacht Club is our go-to! Quick walk from Epcot after some cocktails in the evening.

Beach or Yacht club and Boardwalk would be my first choices. Epcot is my favorite park and I love trying drinks in the different countries. So being able to walk back is a plus. Also you can walk to Hollywood Studios even though it’s a little bit farther. The Boardwalk area has a lot of entertainment although some may be reduced or closed in November. After that I would try one of the Magic Kingdom parks like Poly, Grand Floridian, or Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary. I prefer being able to walk to at least one park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!