Best "drop off" for MK

fastpoint

Earning My Ears
So bit of an odd situation..but staying offsite with family and grandparents who are watching our 6 month old a few days while we go to the parks with our toddler at a little bit faster pace than we could otherwise.

Anyways, my wife is still nursing several times per day. Is there a place other than the TTTC that my grandparents could meet us with relatively quick access to MK? Trying to avoid taking the monorail all the way back out to the parking lot. Im not sure if we could meet at the Contemporary or Grand Floridian if they are not guests there - no idea of that would be faster either.

Obviously she will have bottles prepared and we would only consider doing this once or so each day.

Any help appreciated.

You just need to meet them briefly?

As long as it's not a super busy time and lots are only allowed to hotel residents and ADR members, then they could drive to the Contemporary and you guys could walk there from MK. They just can't park the car there for more than 3 hours.

Yes just need 15 minutes or so for my wife to nurse 6 month old, then back to the park.

So grandparents can park temporarily at Contemporary. Great, will they get questioned by security? I would assume so, to prevent people from using this as a drop off for MK? Or is that acceptable?

Yes just need 15 minutes or so for my wife to nurse 6 month old, then back to the park.

So grandparents can park temporarily at Contemporary. Great, will they get questioned by security? I would assume so, to prevent people from using this as a drop off for MK? Or is that acceptable?

It's perfectly acceptable to drop people off for MK at the Contemporary - taxis, Uber and Lyft do it all the time. What isn't acceptable is parking there for theme park access.

I like the Contemporary idea but I will add that I did theme park trips while nursing both of my children, both staying with grandma while I'm at the park. I took my breast pump in a bag with sterile bags, freezer packs, and small soft sided cooler for milk storage. I took the bag immediately to the Baby Care Center in the parks and dropped it off in the morning, stopped in to use it during the day, and picked up my bag at the end of our day.

The baby care center has private nursing rooms with rocking chairs, which I used, but only with my pump. I enjoyed the break and the a/c. Dad and toddler can easily do another ride while mom slips away to pump.

I will say my youngest "baby" is now 14 so you may want to check current info on doing this. If you can prepare enough milk prior to your days out, you won't need to meet up with baby at all that day. I also decreased my milk production in the days prior to the park and nursed more overnight than during the day, so I didn't have to visit my pump as often I would have to feed baby and just committed to patiently resuming milk levels in the days after the park.

Last edited:

I looked online and it appears they are no longer storing pumps, so locker storage would be the option here. I still think this a better option than coordinating a meet up with baby and making grandparents get out and come to you.

It's perfectly acceptable to drop people off for MK at the Contemporary - taxis, Uber and Lyft do it all the time. What isn't acceptable is parking there for theme park access.

Maybe, maybe not. Security may ask them if they have a room or dining reservation. If they cannot provide one, they may not be allowed through to the Contemporary. It depends on how crowded things are.

And WDW is doing their best to encourage all the ride programs to NOT drop at a resort, but rather drop off at TTC, . The lines at the security booths are sometimes getting backed up for the true guests due to everyone trying to drop off there.

For the OP, what about meeting them on the ferry. Just stay on the ferry while nursing, even if it might be a couple of trips back and forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts