Best DVC To Stay In For Christmas

aanthony03

Mum of 3 Dalmations
We are planning a trip to WDW Dec19 - Jan1, and are wondering which DVC"S get all dressed up for the holidays? We are taking our 3 tots ages 6, 4, and 1 along with my mother-in-law.

If you are talking about December 2005 and don't already have a reservation, the best DVC resort will be the one you can get a reservation for! There is only limited availability at all of the DVC resorts for this December. If you don't already have a reservation, my advice is to call today and see what is still possible.

We love the BWV during the Holidays, but the largest majority of WDW resort lovers will tell you VWL is the best during the Holiday season. Since you have 3 little ones and will probably be spending most of your time at the MK, I'd have to agree.

Best wishes -

All of WDW is festive and in full holiday regalia. I would not worry too much about where you can get a DVC reservation. If available, my top picks would be VWL and BCV.

There is so much activity around the Boardwalk, and the decorations are so festive. Plus, close to walk to Epcot, boat to MGM etc...
I'm looking forward to it.
Loved the WL for Christmas too, but didn't stay at the Villas there.

I'd vote for the VWL, but this close to Christmas I would be surprised if you found anything available there. So I second the poster who suggested you call to see which resorts have rooms. Then that will be the best place to stay! You can waitlist for something else and you never know what might come through!

We stayed at VWL last Christmas. We liked the room a great deal, but found the Lodge to be too hectic for us. Also, we like more food choices then are available there. This coming trip, we are back at BCV. We are happier there or BWV.

As far as Christmas decorations, all the resorts are just beauitful. We plan dinners in many just to sit in the lobbies and soak up the atmosphere. Be sure to check out the Grand Floridian.

VWL gets my vote as well. I also second the poster that said to be sure and go see the GF.

Let us know where you end up making reservations.

Any reservation at any DVC in December is a good one! We were home last dec and did tour of alot of resorts to see the decorations/displays. They were all wonderful. I think you'd be happy no matter what.

One note: we didn't pack anything heavier than sweaters last year. We had to buy winter hats/gloves. etc. , on property, because it had gone down to 34 degrees the night of MVMCP... I'd suggest packing for cold just in case.

The last time we stayed in WDW during the holidays was at OKW. We made a point to go around to all the resorts to check out their Xmas decorations. I would say that the GF followed by WL were the most impressive but very busy. They just seemed to hetic. We still prefer the laidback approach to OKW. Their Xmas decorations are very nice(all though they seem somewhat out of place) and its just so much more relaxed after a very hetic day in the parks...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter