• October

• November

• December

• January

• May

Results are only viewable after voting.

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We would like to do a week at WDW and then the 7 night Western Cruise. Taking into account the weather at WDW and on the cruise, calm seas and crowds at WDW which has been the best time you've cruised?

Our best time would have to be February...temps were cooler than in August, but still hot. Granted...this was for cruise only, not WDW. We just sailed in January and it was cold on the WEstern...Cozumel was the warmest port. Key West was only about 60 degrees and we never made it Grand Cayman due to wind and rough seas. Castaway Cay was also about 65 but very breezy and chilly when the sun went away. Port Canveral was chilly both at sailaway and on the return to port.

MJ

The seas are more likely to be calm from February to May. Something to consider if you are prone to motion sickness.

May is a great time to be at WDW - warm but not too hot and crowds are low.

I would agree with Northwoods... Late April and May would be great. Last trip to WDW was in late April. Perfect weather!!! NO crowds from after Spring Break until towards June!

I've cruised in May, August, September, October, November and December and have always had the BEST weather in October. Yes, that is still hurricane season but the weather I've had then has been PERFECT...still warm enough to enjoy the water in Castaway Cay but not as hot as the late summer.

May is nice but seemed to be rainier than it was in the fall, go figure.

The ship is so beautiful with Christmas decorations, and I always get a nice birthday gift while in port! It is always cold and snowy back home so that is my favorite time to go!

I cruised in Jan and it was just to cold for me....I like warm weather and I don't like swimming in 60 degree weather...May was awesome weather while we cruised and I am going to go in May again next year!

Ok, from your comments so far it looks like October or May would be best....I like warm weather so don't want to be cold in Jan!

I've been to WDW twice in October before, so know what the crowds etc are like. How does this compare to May? Are the opening ours longer in May? What about rain?

Did anyone have really rough seas or rain when cruising in October?

Thanks for all your help!

April was by far the best. (calm, sunny and warm)
February second. (warm and mostly sunny)
September/October third. (calm, sunny)
December last. (calm)

Just my opinion - but we are cruising in May and October this year, so that might change - just like the wind!

Rae

I cruised in June to Bermuda and it wasn't warm enough....I've cruised in June to the Bahamas and it was almost warm enough...I've cruised twice in late July/August and I really liked the weather that time of year.

I like to go somewhere warm while it is freezing back at home. December and January are great. December seemed to be a bit warmer than January, though.

The only thing about traveling in the winter are the storms - ex. Blizzard of 2003 happening now on the East Coast.

We had many cancellations on Friday for our supposed "freezing rain/sleet/snow" event but had nothing but cloudy skies til nearly 10PM and then got about 8 inches of snow overnight. Don't even want to think of the poor people dealing with 20-30 inches on the East Coast or those trying to get out of town!

Rae

DH and I have only cruised in January. It's our preferred month of travel when we go south. We live in Michigan and even 65 - 75 degree temps, although cold to Floridians, seem nice and warm to us! :D We love going to WDW in January too, very light crowds, never a longer wait for any ride than 10 minutes, no fast pass needed, ever!! :D

I would not want to plan a major trip like a WDW/Cruise, during the worst winter months, because there is soooooo much illness going around! Nothing like this raging cold and sinus infection, that DH and I are now catching from our son, to ruin a very expensive and long anticipated trip. :( ( Plus, we all know how these things travel like lightning on airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

To me, if it is not warm enough to swim... It is not warm enough to go on a WDW/Cruise vacation!

Wishing on a Star - ditto about the cold/flu season. Although the past December weather was cold/windy and torrential rain (with a tornado added) for our first days being at WDW, somewhere along the way I caught a virus and ended up with strep throat and a cold, DH had just the cold symptoms but DS was symptom free. By the time we got to the ship, it was like..."leave me alone and let me just die in peace"! Three antibiotics and one month later, I finally felt like living again.

I know exactly what you mean!

Rae

We've cruised in January, May(twice), and December and we feel that the weather in May is perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter