Best Fish Extender gift received?

EDH Family

Married to the Mouse
Looking for input. What is the best fish extender gift you received?

Looking for something that wont break the bank but will be memorable.

What exactly is a fe and how does it work. Ive been on a few disney cruises but never heard of anything like this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jumba - you can go here for a FE explanation: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

Some of my fave FE gifts from my one cruise were:
-a small flashlight
- Disney pins!
- fridge magnet from the person's home state (I love collecting these).
- magnet decorations for our door
- music cds (one was of pirate music, one was of cruise related music)

Please no candy!! Unless its a very different kind of candy, I'd rather save my sugar calories for the ship's yummy treats ;)

Something I am keeping my eyes peeled for is a cheap magnetic message board for the cruiseroom door, so friends can leave messages.

Someone brought little bottles of BBQ sauce from a famous place in their state. That was pretty awesome! :thumbsup2
We got some fun bottle cap magnets also that I love.

I think we cruised with this family too! I LOVED that BBQ sauce and just can't remember the name so we could order some online! :goodvibes

Something I am keeping my eyes peeled for is a cheap magnetic message board for the cruiseroom door, so friends can leave messages.

We took one of these, and it would not stick to our door. I'd suggest buying a regular little dry erase board and then attaching a couple heavier duty magnets to the back. Target often has Disney themed boards in their dollar section, so it would still be quite cheap to do it that way! That's my plan for next time. Which I'm hoping is sooner rather than later... :rolleyes1

2 of our favorites, that we still use...a backpack cinch-type bag with the "Dream" monogrammed...as well as a personalized black canvas/waterproof over the shoulder bag that had silhouetted
mickey characters for each of us Mom, Dad, Son, Son w/ our family name monogrammed on it. Both were really, really nice bags!

Our favorites have been on the international cruises and receiving gifts representing the country they are from. Love all of those.

I have 2 favorites from a X-Mas cruise: a cross stitched cruise ornament and a stuffed stocking, "sandman".

A break the bank gift: A school supply set bought in the ship gift store and a frame. THANKS!

Trading pins are always good and hand crafted are always appreciated.

Things we don't take home: Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings....candy (unless from Europe), oriental trading stuff, and tatoos.

It's all in fun, don't worry too much about it. Jill

We got a mini bottle of red wine and a mini bottle of white wine last trip. That's about the only memorable thing, the rest were trinkets or candy (I'm always game for chocolate!).

First of all, I would say all the gifts were cool, but my favorite was a nive tote bag from NYC PD.

The best thing we ever got was a wonderful handmade frame from a very talented artist in an FE group - not something everyone could pull off (certainly not me!). In general though, my favorite things are something that has more of a personal connection.

The things that we have saved & enjoyed include items like fridge magnets from people's hometowns/local sports teams, cruise specific magnets some had made, a homemade cruise themed scrapbook, tote bags, etc. We've also enjoyed consumables from their local area such as bourbon from a FE member who lived in KY, wine from a FE member who lived in vineyard country, maple candy from a FE member who lived in an area with a strong maple industry, chocolates from a family owned old-fashioned chocolate manufacturer in a FE member's hometown, etc.

I think as long as you put a little thought & heart into it, it doesn't have to be a big gift or an expensive gift to be a memorable or spectacular one. You can keep the budget low without resorting to giving meaningless party store type trinkets. I'd even love a simple postcard that told me something about you/your hometown and had a nice thought to share with me! :thumbsup2

I really liked a Homemade christmas ornament, it was simple, a plastic clear bulb with shredding white and DIS green paper inside with our cruise date written nicely in black sharpie. I love personal touches like that, I still use it on our tree. I also really like a deck of cards that were made for our cruise with our "logo" that was created by our group printed on the backside of the cards.

Best thing we got was Disney Pins!
I also got postcards to send home, and I and loved those.

I never participated because I thought it was more for the kids - so I did not have small kids when we cruised and did not. We did exchange a small gift at one of our cruise meets on board though.

Question ::yes:: If you are on the ship 7 nights - and 20 families are participating - are you giving out a gift each day for the 20 families? Not sure how this all works. TIA.

We loved everything that we received but there are two things that wee continue to use. We received 2 Music CD's. One has the Disney Cruise ship horns and other cruise songs and the other one has nothing but Disney songs on it!! We just LOVE these!!

I never participated because I thought it was more for the kids - so I did not have small kids when we cruised and did not. We did exchange a small gift at one of our cruise meets on board though.

Question ::yes:: If you are on the ship 7 nights - and 20 families are participating - are you giving out a gift each day for the 20 families? Not sure how this all works. TIA.

Just like Disney, it's for kids of ALL ages! :goodvibes

The FEs that I have done (3 night and a 7 night), we just delivered one gift per room. Not per day. Just once. Choose the day you want to deliver, and you are all set.

Some people will do different gifts for adults versus kids in the room, and some do just one gift per room.

We did all love coming back to our room and seeing if there were any surprises left for us.

A personalized tote bag with our family name and the cruise ship is my personal favorite (thank you threeiscrazy!). But there are other super wonderful and handy gifts we've received and still use -- like writing pens, frames, magnets, etc. And in addition to all of that, many of my Disboard meet mates have gone above and beyond to make our cruises extra special by helping to arrange lanyards, meet and greets, trick or treat activities and scavenger hunts. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We've gotten Disney music CDs that we loved and listened to on the way home. We've decided that it will be our FE gift from now on when we participate! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter