Best GCV room views

jodistrock

Avid "Disneyac" in my spare time
We will be going to DLR & staying 3 nights in a studio DVC at the GCV. I would like to know what villa rooms have the best views for our stay. Thanks in advance - we are VERY excited! :yay:

High floor, theme park view is usually what most people like to request. It is a small DVC and views are either DCA or the pool. If you go over to the Disneyland portion of the Dis you will see Super Thread on the Grand Californian and there are lots of room view pictures posted there.

Enjoy VGC we simply love it! :thumbsup2

The view of the theme park is very nice. One of the most distinctly "Disney" views you will find.

The problem is it overlooks the lagoon where they play the World of Color show 1-2 times per night. Exact showtimes vary but 9pm and 10:15pm are pretty standard.

You WILL hear the show from a room with that view. It is loud. Voices...music...sound effects.

If there are only adults & older kids in your group and you are content with the idea of being in the parks or out on the balcony enjoying each show, then you will be fine. However, if you have children who tend to be asleep before 10:45pm (approx show ending time), I would not recommend the theme park view. It's nice to look at, but you'll grow weary of it quickly if you end up dealing with cranky kids that cannot sleep due to the late night shows.

We have stayed at VGC numerous times with rooms on all three sides of the villa wing. Kids in our group have ranged from age 5 to 11. We prefer the pool view. Much more serene. The room faces in the direction of Disneyland so you can see some high fireworks from its nighttime show, although the view is obstructed by other sections of the Grand Cal. The fireworks soundtrack is piped in over the resort TV. Fireworks are typically only 1x per night and from that location, it's not nearly as intrusive as the World of Color show.

High floor, theme park view is usually what most people like to request. It is a small DVC and views are either DCA or the pool. If you go over to the Disneyland portion of the Dis you will see Super Thread on the Grand Californian and there are lots of room view pictures posted there.

Enjoy VGC we simply love it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I have been there & will go there again. I do want a room with a view & since we are only going to be there for 3 nights, I am not going to be picky about the size (less to keep track of).

The view of the theme park is very nice. One of the most distinctly "Disney" views you will find.

The problem is it overlooks the lagoon where they play the World of Color show 1-2 times per night. Exact showtimes vary but 9pm and 10:15pm are pretty standard.

You WILL hear the show from a room with that view. It is loud. Voices...music...sound effects.

If there are only adults & older kids in your group and you are content with the idea of being in the parks or out on the balcony enjoying each show, then you will be fine. However, if you have children who tend to be asleep before 10:45pm (approx show ending time), I would not recommend the theme park view. It's nice to look at, but you'll grow weary of it quickly if you end up dealing with cranky kids that cannot sleep due to the late night shows.

We have stayed at VGC numerous times with rooms on all three sides of the villa wing. Kids in our group have ranged from age 5 to 11. We prefer the pool view. Much more serene. The room faces in the direction of Disneyland so you can see some high fireworks from its nighttime show, although the view is obstructed by other sections of the Grand Cal. The fireworks soundtrack is piped in over the resort TV. Fireworks are typically only 1x per night and from that location, it's not nearly as intrusive as the World of Color show.

Great info - just what I need! My boys are 15 & 11 so we probably won't be going to bed too early (I remember those days though with the water pageant at VWL). I definitely want a pool or park view so I want to get our request in :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter