Best GN hotel for those who tend to stay onsite?

As of this morning (9/19), for the dates we're considering (Feb. 4 - 6), the online rack rate for a standard room (requesting a king bed + sofa sleeper) at the Paradise Pier is $306 per night, excluding tax. If I was able to get 15% off that rate with an AP or cardholder deal, that would bring us to roughly $260 per night, excluding tax ... which seems oddly low! But let's use the rack rate for comparison purposes.

Unless I'm missing something, the Courtyard doesn't offer a king room+ a sofa sleeper, which is what we're looking for. Two queens don't work for us, if we want to be well-rested for the parks. We're not comparing apples to apples here, but the one-bedroom suite with a king bed (no view) is $342 per night, excluding tax.

The BWPPI and Fairfield Inn (both offering a king bed + sofa sleeper) are $188 and $197 per night, excluding tax, respectively. So roughly within $110 per night of Paradise Pier if I CAN'T secure a discount.

I'll probably book offsite and keep an eye on the onsite deals and promos. Now, to decide between BWPPI and Fairfield Inn and determine the "value" of early magic entry ...

By the way, thank you everyone for chiming in! I really appreciate your time. :flower1:
I don’t think you’ll be happy in a room with an outdoor corridor.

Can I ask why, please? Just curious!

Honestly it is fine. Stayed there when it was still the Ramada. I didn't find it any wo Re see than any of than he other area hotels. I'm not at the hotel for pixie dust though. Just comfort, cleanliness and a short walk to the park.

We usually start at HoJos. Free parking is one perk. But I don’t think you need that. Indoor corridors is a big perk. The rooms are spacious. You can sign up for email alerts for sales. I had not seem any deals for years, but they are now starting to reappear.

Hi there! So, we've been incentivizing our soon-to-be-five-year-old daughter with a return trip to Disneyland if she reaches a very important, long-term goal. Over the weekend, she proved she's much, much closer to accomplishing this task than we EVER expected and we may be returning to the DLR after the holidays (seems we picked the right prize!). This is in addition to a November "mommy and daddy" trip we already have booked. While this basically solidified our decision to get the Flexpass vs. Park Hoppers, it's opened up a lot of other conversations, like accommodations.

Ever since having DD, we've stayed onsite. We'll probably try to catch a SW deal and won't rent a car ... but splurging to stay onsite twice in three/four months is tough to justify. So, offsite it is!

With that context, where do you recommend offsite newbies with one young kiddo stay? It'll probably be late winter, so the pool isn't a deal breaker. Cleanliness, having a bathtub (not just a shower) and extremely close proximity to the park gates are our top concern. Thanks!

UPDATED: Having a room configuration with a king bed + a sofa sleeper or daybed is another consideration.
I love Best Western Park Place Inn (I think that’s the one—the Continental Breakfast at Captain kidd’s) for off-site accommodations and they have the room types you’re talking about. They do book up early though. Good luck!

$75 a night would be worthwhile for me just to avoid the Harbor Side Security cluster...
Since the expansion of the bag check area, Harbor Security has not been a problem. Thus no recent posts about nightmare scenarios there, even during recent holiday weekends. Occasionally, the lines at Pixar Pals bag check have been longer!

I stay on site whenever I'm going without my friends. They don't want to pay the prices charged, and I'm 1 out of 4 so I go where they want to go. We've stayed at most of the Harbor places and they're all about the same IMO, with some offering a little bit less crappy breakfast than others, ha ha. Truthfully, I never eat those breafasts because it's not my kind of food so whether or not it has a breakfast doesn't matter to me. Courtyard is the best Harbor hotel but the price is so much higher that I have never stayed there as I'd just book on site. I had 2 crappy experiences at Anaheim Hotel and will avoid that one from now on. Liked Candy Cane for a motel but it does not compare to on site. It was lovely outside and offered a free shuttle while still being easily walkable, had some surprisingly good breakfast options (although not much I eat), and I heard the premium rooms are quite nice. Our room was not nice; it was dark and cramped, and the motel was so noisy in our location. However, the price was good ($155/night) and I'd spent a lot of money on the Haunted Mansion 50th party after hours tickets and didn't have $$$ to fork out a bunch more for on site rooms. So the long and the short of it, for me, is to get the cheapest room near the crosswalk that I can find when staying off site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter