Best grout cleaner?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Just got a tiled shower and kind of wish I hadn't - the grout never looks good and I clean every week with diluted bleach! Help please!

I have been known to scrub my grout with a whole magic potion of things and even using gloves and a toothbrush to get it looking good again! We have a company here in the UK called Cillit Bang that do a really good grout spray called power cleaner and I have used that on a toothbrush with baking soda! Have a look into that if you can get it, but the baking soda is a good addition to making things shining bright even if used with another spray cleaner. I realise the toothbrush is time consuming and a little excessive even but hey it works :confused3

:)

Over the years I have tried so many things that don't work. Straight bleach on a toothbrush is what I always end using that actually gets rid of mold and mildew.

I use Kaboom spray. I love it because it clings long enough to do the cleaning for me, even on walls. I don't have to scrub.

It sounds like the grout was never sealed.....Get it as clean as you can go to HD buy Tile Labs sealer comes in container with or a brush or without -- would suggest the one without as you will go through at least a few of the ones with the brush... get your self some headphones and stool to sit on and paint the lines for hours -- it has to sit on top and absorb in and will take more than one coat.... Had my bathroom done 15 years ago including a stall shower spent a few days sealing all the grout (literally) and I have never ever had any mold on any grout... floor grout... mop it and it looks like new.... While I say get it as clean as you can you really should replace the grout than seal it you should have no future issues... all can be done easily but with a lot of frustration from being bored and a lot of time.... but I a lot less time than scrubbing every week for years...

437237I used this recently and was very impressed with how well it worked. I didn't like the idea of using a toxic chemical, so I specifically sought this type out and it worked wonders!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!