Best Guess Fla and AP rates released for rest of 2017?

I just called about a different reservation. This time one in October at the CR, which has been completely full since spring so no way to check for availability online. I was able to get through almost right away. However, there are no discounts for the CR pretty much the entire month of October. I didn't really have much hope for anything, and at least I didn't have to wait on hold for 60 minutes. It's quite frustrating that Disney doesn't have better availability of passholder rates for passholders.

So I am out of this race. My DD is a TM at Universal and got 2 family suites at Cabana Bay 11/11/ through 11/14 (when we will move to WDW for our Free DDP reservation) for under $800 total. Disney will never come close to that! Good luck to everyone still looking.

I just put in every possible combination of 4 nights in most weeks of November and December and am coming up with almost nothing. $1000+ rooms at Wilderness Lodge with a $68 per night discount. Nope. Guess I'll be waiting until spring for another trip.

I called and checked availability for this at CBR in Dec. Nada. And nothing around the dates I had (which I don't want to changed based on a killer airfare, but maybe would be worth it). Online I can't find anything for a 5-6 day stay in Dec.

Not surprised, though. I think all of Dec is going to be packed down there. Summer is going to be the best time to go nowadays.

I called and checked availability for this at CBR in Dec. Nada. And nothing around the dates I had (which I don't want to changed based on a killer airfare, but maybe would be worth it). Online I can't find anything for a 5-6 day stay in Dec.

Not surprised, though. I think all of Dec is going to be packed down there. Summer is going to be the best time to go nowadays.
After years of swearing we'd never go back in the summer, we had a good AP discount for the "crazy-busy" 4th of July week and it turned out to be a very enjoyable trip. I thought the crowds were tolerable, and we had lots of choices of resorts and room types.

After years of swearing we'd never go back in the summer, we had a good AP discount for the "crazy-busy" 4th of July week and it turned out to be a very enjoyable trip. I thought the crowds were tolerable, and we had lots of choices of resorts and room types.

That's what I've been hearing the past couple years...early summer seems to be dead, maybe picking up after the 4th. I think most people got sick of the heat and crowds. Never done it myself, but will have to think about it....

Ugh. So I was able to get our dates, but would have to drop make changes to our room type. It's a good chunk to save. Have to decide if the changes would be worth it.

Last edited:

There was not much room availability left after public Free Dining was released; then, the public fall/holiday room, only, offer was released, and people complained there was not much availability for that offer. I am not surprised, but extremely disappointed, that this new AP offer has almost zero availability.

If Disney expects to retain their passholders, as well as attract new ones, they need to get their act together, as a good part of the AP's attraction is the room discount. AP room availability should be drawn from a different pool, than all other discounts. If not, there will be a drop not only in the number of passholders, but perhaps also in guests staying on-site, due to Disney property room rates getting out of control. Compared to other comparable, non-Disney options, Disney's rack rates are clearly inflated and not competitive.
Exactly! I think I jinxed it all by becoming a passholder. :( In the past 10 years since I've been going to Disney 1-2X per year I've always gotten a deal. This is the first time it's been so limited. :(

......If not, there will be a drop not only in the number of passholders, but perhaps also in guests staying on-site, due to Disney property room rates getting out of control. Compared to other comparable, non-Disney options, Disney's rack rates are clearly inflated and not competitive.
My wife and I became AP this past year mostly because we were doing 24 days @ WDW......while a better room discount was nice it was never the primary reason (nor was it ever guaranteed).......for us. We enjoy the TIW availability and the shopping discount too. The "sum" of all potential discounts and the convenience of access to the parks were the primary reasoning for our purchase. Since we live in NJ and since our trip frequency will return to once a year in 2018/19/20....we won't be re-upping. (saving now for 2021 :D )

While the drop out rate of passholders may be impacted I'm not sure the potential reduction of guests staying on site will be impacted. Based on what we're seeing with discounts on rooms..........doesn't seem like Disney is hurting for on site guests. The point of discounts is to fill rooms......the reason Disney puts discounts out the way they do is.........to reduce the cost of those discounts. The regular discount is smaller than the AP discount so the cost of the regular discount is less for Disney. With all that's coming to WDW in 2018 (ToyStory Land) and 2019 (Star Wars Land)............I don't see them hurting to fill rooms. In fact Disney is building more hotels (ie. Flamingo Crossings). Those of us on the boards represent a small (yet hearty) fraction of those who visit WDW each year. We're, for the most part, the uber knowledgeable, the uber planners......the most aware of the things to reduce the cost of a Disney vacation.

When I first came to the boards the fall was considered a slow time at WDW. That's why Disney started "Free Dining", an effort to fill rooms during a slow time. That slow time has apparently disappeared...........and in my opinion it won't be back until there is a financial causation for it to return.

Doug :goofy:

There was zero availability for my dates, but I already have a reservation booked through a third party at a discount using a code from earlier this year. I could have tried to change my dates, but even so, I would be happier with what I already have booked. I hope there is a good bounceback room only offer for next year, so I can just book and forget about waiting for offers.

I would add this precaution - I just checked The Contemporary with the newest AP discount rates. My room is available - but the reservation would cost more than the one that I made a few months ago. Now - the rate doesn't apply for all of my days - but they have really upped the surge pricing for the rooms at the holidays. So knocking 10% off doesn't make it a better deal than what I already have booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter