Best lunch spot at Magic Kingdom

Another thumb's up for The Plaza. Their Strawberry-Chicken salad is awesome and they have BBQ brisket Mac&Cheese, a Plaza Club, veggie burger, all very good. Its a cute place and the service, for us, has been as good as the food.
They also have a great breakfast, I love the Fried Green Tomato benedict with lobster.

So many good choices. We enjoy BOG or the Plaza for a table service or Pecos Bill's for quick service.

Also love Crystal Palace. We like the location and the Characters. Honest assesment of the food is : a fairly nice buffet, better than Golden Corral but not a 5 stars. My children, in earlier years, also enjoyed going to the buffet by themselves and choosing there own meal. And the children really enjoyed interacting with Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and of Tigger.

"Best" lunch spot is subjective and depends on a number of factors. You also need to think about where you are in the park around the time you want to eat. If you have a FastPass at the far end of the park, do you really want to walk all the way to the other side just to eat lunch? I think a better plan is to see where you will expect to be around lunch time and check the menus for places in that area.

Tell me more about Skipper Canteen! I have ADR there and am SO looking forward to it....
It is much more peaceful than the chaos of the other TS restaurants and the menu is more interesting without being weird. Plus the servers are in character like they are jungle cruise skippers so You get an extra bonus there!

Skipper Canteen is a fun restaurant. Most of the servers tell really bad "Jungle Cruise" type jokes that adds to the experience. We had one server that didn't. The food was still good, but not the same experience. Also the main room can be very loud at times. The menu is not as interesting as it was when it first opened, but has something for everyone.

Skipper Canteen is a fun restaurant. Most of the servers tell really bad "Jungle Cruise" type jokes that adds to the experience. We had one server that didn't. The food was still good, but not the same experience. Also the main room can be very loud at times. The menu is not as interesting as it was when it first opened, but has something for everyone.
We are very adventurous eaters, and didn't enjoy the menu when it first opened. The only good thing we got was the Pho. The head on shrimp dish was awful to the point of inedible. We love seafood and are used to things being "fishy" but it smelled so bad that I knew we were in trouble before they even got to the table with it. I could smell it coming before I saw it, and it smelled like shrimp heads in the sun. I should have sent it back, but I didn't want to make waves.

My favourites are:

With ADR:
BOG in the West Wing, I just love the whole experience
The Plaza for my much loved turkey club sandwich and strawberry shake (no fast rides for a while after though)
Liberty Tree Tavern so I can have the ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert

Without ADR:
Columbia Harbour House for a tuna sandwich, I like to sit upstairs when it opens for some peace and quiet

This thread is making me very hungry 😋

Hi All. I'm looking for lunch recommendations for MK. We got AP's less than a year ago and are still working on figuring out our go-to restaurants. Will be at MK soon and will have lunch there (adults and kids) and looking for recommendations. Tired of the usual chicken finger, cheeseburger, fried food places. Thanks!

We really like Pecos Bills for a QS lunch, if we have time to linger, we will do Liberty Tree Tavern (but not usually in hotter months) since it's heavier food. We will book a later lunch there and then when we come out, we try to catch the parade or see if we can watch the floats go by through the wavy, old looking windows there LOL

Skipper Canteen was the worst restaurant we'd been too so far....they had just opened about a month before...so, it was expected. I'm glad to hear they "Turned It Around"? and some good reviews here.

I love Pecos Bill, where else can you walk up and grab a handful of pickles and shove them in your mouth? =))

We like BOG if we want to have an ADR for lunch. If we wing it we tend to end up at Columbia Harbor House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!