Best Off Site Hotel affordable with breakfast

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Looks like my boys (22/26) want to join us next year to celebrate my 50th! I’m fine with that, I love sharing time with my boys! Problem is I can’t afford to add them onto our hotel as I am wanting to splurge for my 50th - GCH club level hopefully in January 2020! My boys can’t afford that, so where’s a good place for them to stay that won’t break the bank? A good pool, a nice breakfast, good location to main gate, where do you think they’d have the best stay in a neighbourhood hotel?? I’ve heard the Courtyard Marriott mentioned often for the water park and breakfast? Any reviews or thoughts on where I should book those boys so they can afford to come ring in their Mamma’s 50th?? Lol :)

Can you give us an idea of what "affordable" means for your boys? There are quite a few hotels that fit your requirements, but it would help to have an idea of what price range you're looking for. The Candy Cane Inn might fit the bill (the pool is small, but clean and has a nice atmosphere). They offer various discounts -- call to see if you qualify for something.
This link might have good information for you: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.

I really like the thread linked above.

If they stay a little farther away (20 min walk) on weekdays mon-thurs dinner is included at homewood suites. If you partake it’s a good value.

I prefer closer without kids and without a suite necessary so we’ll be at best western park place inn next trip.

Marriott pool area is best for little kids I think.

How much to add them to your room so they can eat with you?

Homewood Suites all the way. Breakfasts there are much more substantial than CCI plus rooms are nicer. It's not a hugely long walk for young men but you can catch a shuttle from Toy Story lot next door if you prefer! Also last time I booked it was around $30 cheaper per night than CCI.

We are staying at Best Western Stovall. Lots of good reviews and a good breakfast. It's about a 15 min walk to Esplanade, right on corner of Katella and Disneyland Dr. Pixar Pier is kiddie corner from hotel.

Check out Desert Palms Inn & Suites. It's at the corner of Katella and Harbor. It has a very extensive breakfast which is included and is on a rooftop patio. There is a salt water pool. A friend and I stayed there in summer 2017 and really liked it.

Can you give us an idea of what "affordable" means for your boys? There are quite a few hotels that fit your requirements, but it would help to have an idea of what price range you're looking for. The Candy Cane Inn might fit the bill (the pool is small, but clean and has a nice atmosphere). They offer various discounts -- call to see if you qualify for something.
This link might have good information for you: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.
Hi! I’m thinking around the $150 a night range maybe!? What would a place like the courtyard Marriott run them?? I’m sure as long as it’s much cheaper than our $700 plus a night we will be looking at paying at the Grand, they’ll be relieved!! Lol

I really like the thread linked above.

If they stay a little farther away (20 min walk) on weekdays mon-thurs dinner is included at homewood suites. If you partake it’s a good value.

I prefer closer without kids and without a suite necessary so we’ll be at best western park place inn next trip.

Marriott pool area is best for little kids I think.

How much to add them to your room so they can eat with you?
We will be staying club level at the Grand, I want a king bed room and think I’m done with the days of my boys sharing my room, lol (too much snoring for me! :p) they want to be close I’m thinking so something near the gates will be best!

We will be staying club level at the Grand, I want a king bed room and think I’m done with the days of my boys sharing my room, lol (too much snoring for me! :p) they want to be close I’m thinking so something near the gates will be best!

The club level rooms (even with a king bed) sleep up to 4 people. Now I know you don't actually want the boys to stay in the room, but ... You can add them to the reservation and they will get room keys and access to the Club lounge with you as well as early entry into the park. It doesn't usually change the cost of the room to fill it to the max capacity. Then the boys can get a cheap room somewhere else and walk/drive in. They can either eat breakfast at the hotel they stay at or join you in the club level lounge.

Hi! I’m thinking around the $150 a night range maybe!? What would a place like the courtyard Marriott run them?? I’m sure as long as it’s much cheaper than our $700 plus a night we will be looking at paying at the Grand, they’ll be relieved!! Lol
The courtyard is over $200. For any of the motels on harbor you’re looking at around $180. Have them price the desert inn & suites. It’s cheaper the earlier you book.

The club level rooms (even with a king bed) sleep up to 4 people. Now I know you don't actually want the boys to stay in the room, but ... You can add them to the reservation and they will get room keys and access to the Club lounge with you as well as early entry into the park. It doesn't usually change the cost of the room to fill it to the max capacity. Then the boys can get a cheap room somewhere else and walk/drive in. They can either eat breakfast at the hotel they stay at or join you in the club level lounge.
Really? That would be wonderful! How much extra do you think they’d charge for 2 more adults to be added to the room?? Just the extra adult fees? (So probably $10/$15 more each?? I’m guessing per day? I’m not sure the current extra adult rate) but that’s a pretty good idea!

Hi! I guess even $200 a night will be fine! that’s more affordable for the week than GCH
One thing to keep in mind is the earlier a room is booked the better the rate will be for several places on Harbor.
Watch for January 2020 booking calendars to open in about 3 months or so.

The Hotel Indigo is about a 10 or 15 minute walk depending on how you walk. They have a great breakfast that is not a bad price considering its hotel food.

I agree with the PP about Hotel Indigo. They have very reasonable rates and the rooms are very new feeling. I also liked their breakfast (extra fee unless you book a room w/vouchers included). Hyatt House is also another offsite favorite of mine. There is a Blaze pizza and Walgreens below the hotel, and the walk is about the same from Indigo (10-15 min). Breakfast is included there, but the rates are slightly higher than Indigo.

Really? That would be wonderful! How much extra do you think they’d charge for 2 more adults to be added to the room?? Just the extra adult fees? (So probably $10/$15 more each?? I’m guessing per day? I’m not sure the current extra adult rate) but that’s a pretty good idea!
When I did this last year it there was no change in the pricing. Not sure how they treat it for Club Level though as we were in a regular room.

Candy Cane Inn might suit your purposes. Clean well-maintained motel with daily continental breakfast. Very close to the parks but free dedicated shuttle as well. My son's girlfriend recently stayed there with two other girls for an all-girls Disney weekend, and they all liked it a lot.

I really like Holday Inn Anaheim Resort. They have an on site restaurant which serves a really good breakfast. If you book thru different sites you can get a rate with breakfast included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!