Best on-site hotel for fam of 4?

KateMW

DIS Veteran
We are considering a Feb 2020 trip to Universal, before a week at Disney. So basically we would fly in late Friday, do Sat-Monday at Universal and move to WDW Monday evening/night and then stay through Sunday. It will be Presidents Day weekend and week.

We haven't done Universal in FL before, just a day in CA when we were living in LA. The kids will be 15 and 6 by then. It could be our only Universal trip but if not, certainly the only for awhile.

What hotel? A suite would be best but for a short time we could make one room work, but nobody would sleep. :) TIA!

Any of them would work for you........

Sapphire and Cabana Bay don’t have EP nor do the new ones at the top of I Drive.......but you do get EE.

Have a check of the stickies and see which look and description suits your family best.......they each have their own styles and it’s down to preference which you prefer.

I would consider PB, they have the largest rooms plus expresspass, you’ll need it that weekend. We did Presidents’ Day weekend plus the week after this year.
The portofino suite is great for four. We’ve stayed in one several times and loved it. The one on the ground floor right by the boat dock was our favorite.

It would depend on your budget - all of them will fit your size group.

My personal favorite is RPH - I love the tropical theme, the pool is really nice and it's a short walk to IOA and City Walk. The resort also has boat access to the park. Staying here you'll also get EP.

I did read that the lobby will be going under construction, so if you do choose this resort make sure you check into that to see if it will be something you want to avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter