Best Park for 1st time visit-1st day

Kathy Rittenhouse

Earning My Ears
My DS and I will be arriving at WDW in April for his first visit (my first visit in 20 years). We should arrive around 1:30 or 2:00. Where should we go first? We are staying at the Dolphin. But I would like for him to see something he loves that first day. He is 8 years old.

This is probably just one of many questions.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Kathy!

Without knowing what sort of thing he loves, I'd choose Magic Kingdom for that first day (as long as you'll be able to go again for a full day) just because it truly is the most 'magical' of all the parks. There is a lot for an 8 year old boy to love in the MK, whether he's a thrill ride guy, a show guy, or an adventure attraction guy.

If you won't be able to re-visit the MK and he IS a thrill seeker, I'd do MGM the first day. You can finish the park (especially if you have late hours during your visit) in one day, even if you arrive after noon.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

I didn't see where you mentioned when your first is like is it a Saturday or a Sunday?

It makes a difference if it's a Saturday because that is MK's busiest day.

If our first day is any day but Saturday, our first park IS MK. If our first day is Saturday, then we usually go to Epcot or MGM.

Good luck!

Also, if your 8 and judging the other parks by MK, it wont add up. I would start with MGM or EPCOT and follow up with MK on the first non SAT or SUN. Have a great trip.

We are only going to be at WDW 1/2 day Friday, Sat, Sun(Easter), Monday and we go to Universal on Tuesday. We will be at Universal Tues thru Sat. How should I try to plan our days? Which park is any could be saved for the next trip?

Are you staying on site?

If you are take advantage of Early Entry. If not, avoid the park that has EE.

Arrive at opening and use FastPass as much as possible.

I would vote for the Magic Kingdom. Whenever I've taken people for their first trip, I take them there first regardless of their age. It has a sentimental aspect since it was the first park at WDW, but more importantly, there is nothing quite like walking up to that big castle.

I have to agree w/ Ocean - The MK IS where it all started - and my only choice for a place to begin!! :D Whatever you decide, have a magical time!

The only park I ever start with is MK. My girls (8 and 12) wouldn't have it any other way and neither would I. Disney does "magic" everywhere, but MK is the best!!

MK - all the way!!
MK is and must be the first park we enter. I'm not at Disney until I see that castle!! :)
Since you are going at such a busy time, MK should be open late and I would plan on staying late in the park since you only are going to be there three days. Use Fastpass as much as you can!!!!!!

Gi

You gotta do the MK first thing. It makes the magic sink in.

Have a good time!!!

I also vote MK. I've only been there once so far in my whole life but my whole life was spent wishing and hoping to go to MK (and then all the disney parks also ofcourse LOL). There was no question in my mind where we'd go first and it was extra special for me because it was also Christmas day. :) But anyway... regardless of what day/etc- I would go to MK first. Just my personal choice though. :)

Hi Kathy! You already have great advice here but I wanted to say Welcome!:D

Since you're going at peak time I would save MK for Monday morning....you should walk on almost everything if you get there at park opening. If you get to MK at 2-3PM on your first day it will be packed and the FP's may be gone.

I would probably go to Epcot.:D Later in the day you would probably get to go on Spaceship Earth, JYI, Living Seas....etc. You can take the monorail loop arount too which is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter