Best parks with a 2 year old

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
You have 2 day park tickets no hopper. Which parks would you choose with a 2 yo. I should say besides MK which other park? My sis will join us for 2 days so I want to maximize their time. MK is a definite.

AK. Lots of rides, shows, and trails for little ones. My soon to be 3yo has had a blast in their Dino Land has play area as well as the Gorilla Trails and Jungle Trek.

I would prob do 2 days at MK.

While I love AK, it was not my DD's favorite. I think it might depend on your kid... if your kiddo loves animals than AK is a good choice. My little one has always loved Epcot. There are a few more 'rides' that she can go on versus AK. She also really likes the little shows and the characters in each country. Epcot is particularly good during the flower and garden time period. However, I wouldn't choose Epcot if you are going during food and wine.

Young 2 or older 2? Girl or boy? Have a zoo they go to at home? Any idea whether they will like characters or are scared of them? My DD did not like AK at all at age 2. She spent the whole time there begging to go back to MK or EPCOT. There was no Princess presence at AK.

She was a character fanatic, so her favorite park other than MK was by far EPCOT-- so many characters to meet. She loved the boat ride in Mexico, Living with the Land, Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, the Kidcot stations in World Showcase, the entertainment in World Showcase, and other things too.

With a 2 year old though, I would consider just spending the 2 days at MK, especially if they like the characters and you spend time doing that. Toddlers can really slow you down at WDW- they need time to stop and smell the flowers. It is fun to see what little detail at WDW you have not paid attention too for a while that suddenly becomes the most interesting amazing thing to them. DD is 11 now, and her two year old trip (which was her first trip) is one of my absolute favorite WDW trips. You might want to do MK the first day, and then make the decision as to whether to do a different park, or just spend the 2nd day at MK.

I would do 2 days at MK. As toddlers my kids enjoyed MK more than any other park and it will be tough to see everything in one day.

Magic kingdom for sure. If it is a girl you would win with either epcot OR Hollywood studios. Although there's not much for adults at HS, my daughter's LOVE the Frozen sing along, meeting Olaf, Beauty and the Beast, Disney Jr., and meeting Disney Jr. Characters. They always pick epcot as faves though for Frozen, the entire nemo area with the aquariums (dolphins!) and Spaceship Earth. Animal Kingdom is a lot of walking on trails for animals they didn't care too much about and most rides they couldn't ride.

We’re taking our 2 & 4 to Epcot just for Frozen! Along with 2 days at MK and 1 at AK.

With just two days for a 2 YO I would do both days at MK. I love AK but I think MK has so much more for the littlest ones and with 2 days you can have such a relaxed pace and revisit favorites on the second day. Maybe plan a character meal at Crystal Palace if your child likes Winnie the Pooh and friends. Even for adults, I think it takes 2 days to see MK well and not be rushing. On our upcoming trip with little ones (8 days so we can take our time), we are spending parts of 4 different days at MK. Shorter days for sure but I'm sure we will have no trouble filling our time with the preschoolers' favorites on multiple MK visits.

My son's favorite park at 2 was AK, but he is a big animal lover. I think the answer to this will vary from kid to kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter