Best Picks for Food and Wine Festival

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi!

We are 5 days from going to WDW! I have seen the Food and Wine Festival messages, but didnt really look into it til now.

For those of you that have gone, what is the best samples you have tried? I only ask because I dont want to gain sooooo much weight from having to try everything :)

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Deb

My favorites were the Lobster & corn Chowder & Crab Cakes in America, and the beef sosatie in s. africa.
Wines I liked were the greek red, Cape Indaba in S. africa and the sangria in Spain.
portions are very small, you won't gain too much weight!:tongue:

Deb - I hear you....I'm trying to lose at least an extra 3-4 pounds before we head down to the Wine and Food Fest in 10 days. I like to start out ahead of the game, so I can eat whatever I want without worrying. But the food 'samples' are small enough that you should walk off many samplings! Enjoy!:D

Try everything - that's what it's there for. You really only get a bite or 2 from the portion. I share with my husband and we each get a bite. That's the fun of the F & W, you get to try all kinds of food & drinks you would never order at a meal. Some you will like and go back for more and others you will say you tried and once was enough. Can't wait to start sampling!!

And with all the walking you'll be doing at the parks, you won't have to worry about the extra calories at all......Eat, drink and be Mickey!!

Here are the samples I tried my first day (I plan on going back several times in the next month).

France
Creme Brulee
Japan
Yasai Maki
Ozeki Dry Sake (the first time I've ever enjoyed sake cold)
United States
Crab Cakes (I normally don't like these, but this one was delicious)
RavensWood Zinfandel (I'm very picky about red wines...this one was really good)
South America
Beef Skewer with Chimichurri and Cipotle-spiked Boniato Mash (My husband actually had this one but I had a taste..pretty good)
Italy
Cannoli (very tiny)
Placido Pino Grigio
Oktoberfest
Dr. L Mosel Riesling
Australia
Australian Tenderloin with BBQ sauce (another of my husband's choices)
China
Dan Dan Noodles
Chicken Sha Cha with Peanut Sauce
Greece
Honey Baklava
Canada
Icewine (my favorite)
Cheddar Cheese Soup

Obviously there were several stands we skipped and some had more than one choice that I wanted to try. I was disappointed with the festival last year and the year before. Finally this one is as good as the first time I went back in 1999.

The pulled chicken with chili and lime may have been my favorite

The blackened fish with pineapple salsa was also really good.

White chocolate mousse . . . . oh my god . . . .

Most everything we tried was very good actually.

just got back yesterday - had the watermelon water (mexico), crab cakes & "bee sweet" honey lemonade (united states), sweet green tea mousse (japan), hummus (morocco), creme brulee (france), cheddar cheese soup (canada), potato pancake with sauerkraut & sour cream (russia), and the grapefruit cake (colorful eating) - delicious!

My top five choices are:

1. South Africa - Durban Spiced Chicken - loved it, but it is spicy hot

2. Greece - Greek Salad

3. Colorful Eating - Grapefruit Cake (had to go back for a second piece!)

4. Australia - Australian Lamb with Caramelized Onions

5. Russia and Eastern Europe - Potato Pancake with Sauerkraut and Sour Cream

Rpsemont, Wow, that's terrific! You'll be able to indulge to the fullest.
:D
The last few posts have me absolutely drooling thinking of the 'tastings' I will be enjoying in one short week. :D

My list of favorites:

goat cheese and tomato tart, France
Creme brulee, France
Sangria, Spain
Pasta Carbonara, Italy

Is there an entrance fee? Are the samples free? More importantly, is the wine free??:teeth:

F&W Festival is included with your Epcot Admission. The food and wine samples range anywhere from $1-$4.50. I found a huge amount of information at www.wdwig.com. I cannot wait to go in a few weeks. It seems as though time is not moving. I just can't get there quick enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter