Best place to order magic bands

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
I was gonna order magic bands through MDE but they don't have the ones I want. Shop Disney has them though. If I order them through Shop Disney will they still put the names on the bands? If so is it an option when I'm placing the order? If I get the bands from them I can still connect them to MDE right?

Last edited:
You can enter the Magic Band information into MDE no matter where you buy them.

When you stay at a Disney resort and they are providing Magic Bands for free with your resort stay, you can "personalize" the Magic Bands by entering a small number of characters which are imprinted on the inside of the Magic Band.

I don't know how it works if you are staying at a Disney resort and you are allowed to order a more expensive Magic Band at a discount.

If you order from Shop Disney or buy one in a gift shop, as far as I know you cannot have it personalized. If I'm wrong, I assume someone will pop in to clarify.

You can enter the Magic Band information into MDE no matter where you buy them.

When you stay at a Disney resort and they are providing Magic Bands for free with your resort stay, you can "personalize" the Magic Bands by entering a small number of characters which are imprinted on the inside of the Magic Band.

I don't know how it works if you are staying at a Disney resort and you are allowed to order a more expensive Magic Band at a discount.

If you order from Shop Disney or buy one in a gift shop, as far as I know you cannot have it personalized. If I'm wrong, I assume someone will pop in to clarify.
Thank you. I was actually by some miracle able to get through on a chat and they said I can't get it personalized since I'm getting from from Shop Disney.

Correct. The only way to have them personalized (name on back) and auto-linked to your My Disney Experience account is ordering them in your MDE account for your resort stay (or annual pass).

If you buy bands from Shop Disney, or at a store in the parks or Disney Springs, they are not personalized and you must manually link and assign the bands in MDE.

That being said... With MagicBand 2.0 bands, since the ICON (center with Mickey head and the RFID tags in them) are removable. So you can take the icon from one strap to another.

Like a band on Shop Disney but want your name engraved? Then order a solid color band for your resort stay in MDE that matches, and swap it's icon (with your name on it) with the band you buy from Shop Disney.

And keep in mind you can have multiple bands linked to you in your MDE account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!