• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to work remotely?

The Solarium at the Beach Club is a great place to work. Tables, tons of outlets and close to QS. Also the railroad room at Wilderness lodge is a great place to work and has outlet and a bathroom a few feet away. There is also a place above the main resort entrance door at the Wilderness lodge. Picture is the Solarium at BC. 1685585684990.png

Last edited:
In addition to the above, the old check-in lobby at Coronado Speings has been converted to work tables with outlets and good lighting and wi-Fi. If you make a breakfast ressie at Rix, you can get in and park. Molly and Alan from Mammoth Club recently did a staycation at destino tower and they show the lobby extensively.
IMG_0785.jpeg

Apologies for the delay, but it was quite the trip! We ended up staying a few days longer since working remotely from the resort ended up going really well. Thank you all for the recommendations! This is what I ended up doing:

Day 1:
Took the Skyliner from Pop to EPCOT and then walked to Beach club. It took me around 40 minutes in total to get from my hotel room to my destination. I went directly to the Solarium, which was a really nice, comfortable spot with a few outlets. However, there is a pool table in this room and after about 3-4 hours a father and son decided to play and I found it pretty distracting. It was time for lunch anyway, so I packed up and went looking for some lunch and another spot.
Grabbed lunch at the Marketplace and stumbled across a quiet hallway just past the Yachtman Steakhouse:Hallway Table 2.jpg

I decided to eat my lunch here and noticed there was an outlet right next to the small table! This location surprisingly didn't see much foot traffic, and it conveniently has a restroom and water bottle refill station right next to it. I ended up spending the rest of the day working here.

Hallway Table.jpg

Day 2:
I returned to the hallway table where I spent the first 4 hours working. There was a bit more foot traffic today, but in general I had a productive morning. I grabbed a quick grab-and-go lunch from Hurricane Hanna's, but when I returned, someone was sitting at the hallway table!
Since the table was taken, I went on an adventure and managed to find the perfect place on the second floor of the Yacht Club. There is a stairwell to the side of the lobby, pictured below, that takes you to a fairly quiet nook with a full-sized desk and a decent office chair!
YC Stairs.jpg
YC Desk.jpg

At first I thought the desk might be off limits, but I asked a CM in the lobby and they told me I was free to use it! I ended up working the rest of the day here and another 2 days the following week. I probably got several dozen weird looks, but I honestly couldn't have envisioned a nicer spot to work in.

A bonus of being at Beach/Yacht Club was that I was able to sneak out and meet up with my family to tap into the IG around 1pm a couple of days to snag a Guardians of the Galaxy VQ for later in the evening after I got off work.

Thank you all again for the tips and helping me have a marvelous vacation despite having to spend four days of it working :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter