Best places to find non-cartoony Disney clothes for kids

2019TripIdeas

Mouseketeer
I hope this is okay to post but I'd love to hear where you all find fun non-cartoony Disney trip outfits for your kids that don't totally break the bank. I prefer things without slogans/cartoony characters if that makes sense (Mickey and Minnie silhouettes or the classic Mickey head shape is good to me, but prefer not to have a giant Lightning McQueen on my kids shirt for example). I'd love to get them some gear that they'll wear again to school that doesn't scream Disney, if you know that I mean.

I just grabbed some awesome SimpleModern brand water bottles for the kids in this style, and we have a few outfits/items that are Gap and Hanna Andersson that we love, but I'd love more suggestions. I've had better luck finding this style of stuff for my daughter than for my toddler boys, so particularly would love to hear where you find good stuff in 3T, 4T, etc.

On a past trip, I had great luck with eBay, but this time, no luck yet!

Lol I understand the struggle! Walmart Target and even the mini Disney store in JC Penney all have the gaudiest Disney kids clothes!

We have had SO much better luck with the Disney Store, the parks themselves, and shopdisney.com. Also there’s some really nice Disney tee shirts on TeePublic, but you have to wade through a ton of crap to find it.

Also excited to hear the suggestions of others!

I have gotten lots of more unique looking Disney items for my kids at H&M, Uniqlo and Zara. Those 3 are hit or miss, though. Also Hanna & Gap as you already mentioned.

H&M and Gap for ready made and Etsy for custom. Use the pics Etsy sellers post as a guide and message them about making any changes you'd like, like long sleeves instead of short or any added touches. I have always had good luck with these special requests. I've also come across some cute boutique Disney-inspired items on FB Marketplace and in our local kids resale shop. It's hit or miss but definitely worth passing through starting a few months before your trip.

The Jumping Beans brand at Kohl’s has some good subtle ones. My son has a Hakuna Matata shirt with the 3 characters but it looks like it could be any athletic shirt from far away

I like Kohls for both Disney and non-Disney clothing.

Last year, though we got this quick-dry shirt (we love that kind of thing for the parks,by the way) with a geometric pattern on it, but it happened to be all triangles, and we called it his "Spaceship Earth" shirt, despite not being Disney at all. :)

We picked up a few toddler tees at Target that weren’t so tacky. I mean, they had those too 😂, but we were able to find a few sweeter, nicer looking ones too and grabbed them for our May trip.

We just bought some great shirts at Target and on Etsy. I wanted shirts for myself like you're suggesting - Disney shirts that I can wear in my everyday life - and Etsy was a great spot. My daughter fell in love with one on Etsy and one from Target that I would totally wear if it came in an adult size. :)

Pippa & Julie has some nice subtle designs. They were also the only company I could find that made Mickey stuff specifically for girls (so sad my daughter just outgrew her Mickey tutu/hoodie set). The Saks Off 5th site always has some on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter