Best pool? WL or AKL

If I could choose to have one in my backyard, I'd take the WL pool. I love the theme of it, the slide is fun for kids, and it is just beautiful to look at. However, as far as resorts go, the AKL pool is better betweeen these two. AKL has a very large pool which is more accomodating than the WL's somewhat small pool. It also has larger hot tubs and (I think) a longer slide. The only thing that I don't like about it is the haziness. I know, it's supposed to look like a watering hole, but to me, it just looks dirty.

Speaking of the WL and AKL pools....how warm is the WL pool compared to AKL? The one at AKL was really nice temp wise when we were there this past January. We plan on staying at WL for a few days this December and I'm curious if it's as warm as AKL's pool.

These 2 resorts are our favorites!

They seem to be equally warm. The WL has a really small slide. The pool tends to be more crowded. There is a little area where you can swim against the current which is fun.

The AKL pool is much larger than the WL pool. It has a zero entry area and a bigger slide.

Both have great hot tubs.

Wish I was there now!:D

I have never stayed at WL, but have stayed at AKL a few times (my favorite resort) and will give you a review of the pool. Pool is large (big enough to swim across for exercise), and has always been the perfect temperature :) .
There are 2 hot tubs, a larger one behind the slide with very pretty landscaping, and a smaller one next to the savannah. You can walk a few steps from the hot tub to look at the giraffes and other animals!
Slide is not super long, but is still fun.
There is a zero entry side of the pool, if you have little ones.
There are loads of lounge chairs in the shade and sun, both.
Mara, the fast food restaurant, is a few steps from the pool, so you can get lunch or a snack, etc. and eat at the pool.
There is a bar poolside, but I don't drink, so can't review that for you!
We find the AKL pool very relaxing and fun.

Originally posted by grumpyandbashful

There is a bar poolside, but I don't drink, so can't review that for you!
We find the AKL pool very relaxing and fun.

I can, ahem, say a few words about the bar at AKL pool. It is called Uzima Springs. They make excellent drinks -- many fun variations on the typical pina colada, daquiris, etc. Service is great. My 3 year old and my husband would sit at the bar watching hockey (specifically, the Red Wings) -- my son with a special nonalcoholic drink they made just for him. Sometimes we adults would take our drinks to one of the hot tubs to sip. Heaven!

I can't say enough about AKL. Just very relaxing. Everything was so easy -- and we were travelling with DS3 and DS1, so nothing is ever easy!

We are planning next March's trip and I am the only one who wants to try something new...

Good luck with your planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter