Best product to help with things chaffing!?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
Do you use a product specific to chaffing? Or has anyone had any luck with baby powder? I tried using deodorant last trip and it wasn't working lol

My wife and I used to use body glide, as it works very well. It can get kinda pricey, so we started using just plain old Vaseline. The Vaseline won't last as long, but is way cheaper and you can just reapply as needed.

I guess I don't understand the need...if your clothes or shoes cause chafing, aren't they just not fitting right? If I had a pair of shoes or shirt/pants that caused chafing, you can bet I wouldn't be wearing those items anymore!

I guess I don't understand the need...if your clothes or shoes cause chafing, aren't they just not fitting right? If I had a pair of shoes or shirt/pants that caused chafing, you can bet I wouldn't be wearing those items anymore!
Not necessarily. If you perspire a lot chafing can be an issue even if your shoes and clothing fit. Body Glide also works to ward off heat rash.

Anyone who's thighs touch can have a problem with chafing that has nothing to do with the clothing worn.

I have the body glide but haven't used it yet and used the monistat stuff to great effect many years ago!

Gold Bond makes a great one. Works like a deodorant stick and lasts all day. It’s red and yellow I think. There is another brand that has a gel that works well but I have trouble finding it.

Best solution for this is a pair of close-fitting, breathable cotton spandex shorts (if the chafing is caused by thighs under a skirt)

If you're chafing and you're already wearing pants/shorts, they don't come up high enough in the crotch and you need a different pair. Get cloth in between the body parts!

Also, Monistat anti-chafe powder gel is good.

I use Glide or the Monistat anti chafing powder gel. I especially like using Glide before I put my socks on if I know I'm going to be walking a lot , especially if it's going to be a bit of a rainy day and my feet might get wet ....no blisters!

The Monistat anti-chafing powder gel actually also works really well as a foundation primer too. It's almost just like Smashbox, only a whole lot less expensive Who knew?

The best tip I ever read was to get stretchy shorts to wear under my dresses from the Target lingerie department. I wear them every time I wear a dress now!

As others have said gold bond friction defense. Trust me I work in a hot environment at work. Many many days I have been in pain. Tried it all Vaseline, baby powder, gold bond powder. Than I found gold bond friction defense. Ever since I have been using gold bond friction defense no more chafing. I have never used body glide thou.

I purchase anti-chafing leg bands off amazon and they're lovely for when I wear dresses. I also have used monistat chafing gel and that's nice

I originally used the Body Glide but switched to the Gold Bond . . . I couldn't tell a difference in their effectiveness and Gold Bond is cheaper. Originally I was using it to prevent blisters that I got every single trip to Disneyland, then found out it worked for other areas. I think I've only gotten one blister since I started using it. I will absolutely be taking it to Florida when we go for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter