Best Rates For October 2019?

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
i know it’s super early, but I just booked five nights (Oct 7-12, 2019) at HRH. Average price per night was $278 through hotels.com. Does a deluxe hotel with EP get much cheaper than this? I’m wondering if I should keep shopping as our trip gets closer or just be happy with what I got?

I would book now. You can cancel a room only 5 days from check in day, with no penalty and refund of deposit. Do have to pay one night's stay as a deposit.

I would book now. You can cancel a room only 5 days from check in day, with no penalty and refund of deposit. Do have to pay one night's stay as a deposit.

I did book :) Just wondering if it is likely to go down...

I think that is a good price. That is what I paid in April for passholder rates.

I was hoping I might find something closer to $250 per night, but I’m happy with this if it doesn’t go down.

Oh, sorry, I too think that is a good price. While you might get a better price with a TA, like hotels, I would not count on it. Sometimes Cheaptickets or Orbitz has discounts that can be used on Universal hotels ressies booked on their websites.

I find that that rates tend to go up as closer in time. Plus, with HHN being a big draw, and Columbus Day later in the October month next year, I assume as more book, the prices will rise. You can always check randomly as time goes on, and if so, cancel and rebook. I haven't seen passholder discounts for any days in October.

And it depends. Most of the time RPR is the cheapest, HRH the second cheapest, with the Portofino being the highest. For example, for my August trip, the Portofino, with a SMSM rate, is the lowest of the three, and since I booked months ago for that stay, the room rate has increased in price.

And I'll be at RPR during that time, so say hello if you see me.

That would be the policy of the Loews hotels.
The op is using the booking site of hotel.com.

They have different policies from what I read and experienced through them.

And it depends. Most of the time RPR is the cheapest, HRH the second cheapest, with the Portofino being the highest. For example, for my August trip, the Portofino, with a SMSM rate, is the lowest of the three, and since I booked months ago for that stay, the room rate has increased in price.

And I'll be at RPR during that time, so say hello if you see me.

RPR was $4 per night less, but we really need to make sure we get a room with a bathtub. I know a lot of the rooms at RPR have showers. It looks beautiful. PBH would be my first choice, but my husband and older daughter like the look of HRH. The baby is 15 months old so she doesn’t get a vote.

Thanks so much! We will look for you :goodvibes

That would be the policy of the Loews hotels.
The op is using the booking site of hotel.com.

They have different policies from what I read and experienced through them.

My email confirmation says free cancellation through 10/02 :thumbsup2

That's great you have confirmation of it.

I used hotel.com about 20 months ago but it was not for a Florida booking.

It didn't go well for me.

That's great you have confirmation of it.

I used hotel.com about 20 months ago but it was not for a Florida booking.

It didn't go well for me.

I’m sorry to hear that. This is the first time I’ve tried them. They are giving 10x miles with my Capital One Venture Card. I hope my experience is better than your was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter