Best 'Resort Hopping' Strategy From Dolphin Without Car??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
We're not exactly WDW rookies, but this will be our first stay without a rental car. Of course, Swan and the other Epcot cluster resorts will be within walking distance, but what's the best way to Resort Hop to the other WDW resorts without our own charriot?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

It depends on where you're going. Being close to the Studios helps. If you're travelling to any of the MK resorts, MK makes a good connection point. AKL, use either AK or Studios.

Basically, the key is to find a transfer point that is halfway.

Hey Bill,

We did the Swan with no vehicle, only time we've been without rental. This may not fit your needs, as we always A) have a length of stay pass, and B) We don't visit AK. Our interests lie mostly in the EPCOT/MGM area:

We use either the boats or shoe-leather to get to MGM/EPCOT + Boardwalk area. bus to TL/DTD. We don't have a need for anything else but MK, and for that we walk through EPCOT and take the monorail. This only works if you don't really care about AK, and if you have a UPH and don't mind getting to MK around 9:30. I should also point out we did this in September. So it's a limited plan, but it worked for our needs and the time of year.

Pat

Bill, we did the Swan last year with no rental car and really found the WDW transportation system to work well for us. You will have a lot right in your own backyard, however I agree that sometimes it's nice to visit another resort. For ease, we tend to visit other resorts directly from one of the parks. For example, we may decide to have dinner at Narcoosee's, so we will plan that on a day we are at MK so it will be a quick monorail ride from the MK. Last year, on a non-park day, we had PS at 'Ohana's, so we took the bus to the MK, and then transfered to the Poly via the monorail. You need to add in a little more time for resort to resort transfers, but I really don't think it is burdensome in any way. On the other hand, a chariot might be a more interesting and fun mode of transportation:)

I was wondering, too. What's the best way from the Dolphin to CSR--wonder how much a taxi costs?

Originally posted by Piper
I was wondering, too. What's the best way from the Dolphin to CSR--wonder how much a taxi costs?

Boat to Studios, then a Bus to CSR.

Cab -> $10 or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter