Best resort with great pool for under $400/night?

What about this Holiday Inn about a 10 min. drive to WDW. Sleeps 6 in a family suite for under $200 a night.
Holiday Inn Resort : Orlando Suites - Waterpark
14500 Continental Gateway, Orlando, Florida 32821

I needed a condo for two nights before a cruise out of Port Canaveral next February and last night booked a fully refundable three bedroom / three bath condo here: Diamond Resort Grand Beach Phase 1. Take a look here at what the condos and resort looks like plus amenities offered. Website: https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/Resorts/Grand-Beach?mkc=GOOGLEUS

This ran me somewhere with taxes and resort fee around $330 - $340 a night, so under your $400 per night budget. This can be booked directly on their website or on booking.com, expedia, etc. I booked direct. There are two king beds, two twin beds, and a sofa sleeper, so each of your kids could get their own bed (a twin for each of your sons (would share a bedroom), a king suite for your daughter, and a king suite for you) leaving the common area for late and early risers, as well as the balcony or patio.

They offer a better rate that is not refundable, but I didn't want that as I am not totally certain that someone in our party might do a timeshare trade the full week before or something like that and want things flexible for now.

There are sites like TUG2.net and Redweek.com have good full week Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun owner timeshare rentals with no made service at better prices than retail for sure (good option if you are doing a full week and don't mind not having daily maid service), but we just wanted two nights.

You could book this fully refundable (could be a default) and then look for something you might like better or something that is similar, but better priced. This particular resort has very good reviews.

I think you have gotten a lot of great advice. But thought I'd weight in on a few things with my thoughts/opinions.

I'd only do Universal higher end properties if you are going to one of their parks for at least a day. The resorts are pretty nice, but not as nice as Disney Deluxe in my opinion and aren't themed as well as Disney Deluxe. The higher end ones there command a premium as they give front of line access to all attractions (except the two big HP ones where you get early rentry) and unlimited front of line access to rides at the Universal Parks are a big perk. We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort (a highly rated deluxe one there) when my husband had a conference there, and it was nice and had the amenities you are seeking. BUT -- I kept comparing it to Disney's Polynesian and it just didn't have the landscaping, expansive grounds, monorail, etc. (came up really short for me. Site note though: I a am a big fan of Disney's Polynesian resort). Please note that no where you will stay off property will have the theming the Disney Deluxe resorts do. I personally would not want to pay the premium for Universal's higher end resort if I weren't using the unlimited fast pass feature at one of there parks for at least one day. They have some properties that don't offer the front of line pass which at least one poster recommended.

This is not relevant to the OP, but the bolded is incorrect. The Express Pass for the Harry Potter rides was added a few years ago.

Thank you to everyone for your input! We ended up renting a 2 bedroom condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I didn't think we would be able to get that because I thought that Easter weeks would be high season but somehow for the rental it was considered "value" season. We got a 2 bedroom condo for 9 nights for $1260! I'm kind of still in shock and not sure how this can be! Hoping that it is as good as everyone says!

Thank you to everyone for your input! We ended up renting a 2 bedroom condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I didn't think we would be able to get that because I thought that Easter weeks would be high season but somehow for the rental it was considered "value" season. We got a 2 bedroom condo for 9 nights for $1260! I'm kind of still in shock and not sure how this can be! Hoping that it is as good as everyone says!

Yes -- timeshare rentals in Orlando IMHO are really great values (one of the best deals around as Orlando is overbuilt with so many nice ones) and what we do when we have a full week in Orlando. And yes, your price sounds in the ballpark. Given the terrific value and how much so many of us love vacationing that way, I think it's great that you are trying that. It's not the same as Disney Deluxe, but really nice IMHO to vacation at timeshares like this one. I'd love to hear back from you and what you think after your trip and think other posters would too. So many people end up be converts to vacationing in Orlando this way after trying it; some miss the actual Disney onsite experience and go back to that.

Why Orlando? If you are not doing Disney and you are not doing Universal why not branch out?

Everyone has way better ideas for Orlando than I would have.

Nice deal!

I love the space and amenities of a good 2-bedroom timeshare, and how cheap a week+ can be for one in the Orlando area. I've never done Bonnet Creek but if it's anything like others in the area (salt water pools with late hours, pool bars, food options) then I think you're gonna enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter