Best restaurant on property if you can only splurge on one?

DerekV914

Earning My Ears
So my DGF and I are making a trip in 3 weeks to Disney to meet my parents for their anniversary. I am a seasoned WDW vet, while my GF grew up in SoCal, so she knows DL like the back of her hand, but has never been to the world. We are looking for one amazing dinner, however I've noticed that the quality of the food at Disney has gone down for a while, all while the prices seem to go up. I hate paying high prices for mediocre food, and I'm not trying to be a snob, but we have eaten at multiple Michelin starred places around the world, so we have have no issue paying for high quality food. I am wondering if anyone has any recent reviews for Jiko (previous favorite), California Grill (last time was meh) or any other signature that has not disappointed lately. Are we better off taking the middle road and paying reasonable prices for good food? Or is there somewhere you can recommend that will knock our socks off? Any help is appreciated.

**for the record, we are not expecting Michelin star quality, but we also don't want to pay upwards of $50 per entree if we will be truly underwhelmed

Victoria and Albert is worth every penny! The food was spectacular, the service was stellar and the whole experience was amazing. My husband and I have travelled around the world and have eaten in many first class restaurants. This was was up there as one of the best! I know it’s more expensive than you want to pay but it included tips. Check it out. If not Tiffins in AK was pretty good if looking for something more adventurous.

So my DGF and I are making a trip in 3 weeks to Disney to meet my parents for their anniversary. I am a seasoned WDW vet, while my GF grew up in SoCal, so she knows DL like the back of her hand, but has never been to the world. We are looking for one amazing dinner, however I've noticed that the quality of the food at Disney has gone down for a while, all while the prices seem to go up. I hate paying high prices for mediocre food, and I'm not trying to be a snob, but we have eaten at multiple Michelin starred places around the world, so we have have no issue paying for high quality food. I am wondering if anyone has any recent reviews for Jiko (previous favorite), California Grill (last time was meh) or any other signature that has not disappointed lately. Are we better off taking the middle road and paying reasonable prices for good food? Or is there somewhere you can recommend that will knock our socks off? Any help is appreciated.

**for the record, we are not expecting Michelin star quality, but we also don't want to pay upwards of $50 per entree if we will be truly underwhelmed

Depends on your definition of splurge. If you mean all out, almost $1,000 for two people, yes do V&A. If you mean a more reasonable splurge, say a couple hundred, my vote goes to California Grill or Flying Fish. Monsieur Paul in Epcot is also an all out type of place but in my opinion the food is not worth the price. Possibly Morimoto Asia, Wine Bar George, Jaleo, or Homecomin’ are all good options if you’re planning on going to Disney Springs.

Last edited:
Thanks! We are looking into V&A for sure. However, given that this is a last minute trip, $1500 hasn't been saved for that type of dinner. I suppose I should have specified pricing. LOL.

Depends on your definition of splurge. If you mean all out, almost $1,000 for two people, yes do V&A. If you mean a more reasonable splurge, say a couple hundred, my vote goes to California Grill or Flying Fish. Monsieur Paul in Epcot is also an all out type of place but in my opinion to food is not worth the price. Possibly Morimoto Asia, Wine Bar George, Jaleo, or Homecoming’ are all good options if you’re planning on going to Disney Springs.
We had not thought of Disney Springs, since I haven't been in a long time. I know Morimoto has amazing spots dotted between LA and NYC, but does this one hold up?

We had not thought of Disney Springs, since I haven't been in a long time. I know Morimoto has amazing spots dotted between LA and NYC, but does this one hold up?

I’ve personally only had food from their quick service but if it’s any indication it more than holds up. It’s also a lot of people’s favorite restaurant on property. I don’t think I’ve seen or heard a negative review on it.

You won't know if it will live up to your expectations until you eat there:).
We enjoy many restaurants at Disney Springs including Morimoto. Our current favorites are Jaleo, and Wine Bar George but no slight is intended to other offerings at that part of WDW. We also love Flying Fish which is a true gem and must do most every trip.

For signatures, we enjoy Jiko, Flying Fish, and CG. I would say that CG is a bit hit or miss. But we love the atmosphere. You might look at the Swan and Dolphins offerings too. Bluezoo has a great atmosphere and very good food. Shula’s steaks are wonderful. The atmosphere is upscale and they do have a dress code.

If you're arriving in 3 weeks, your choices are going to be severely limited, I think.
Most good places are solidly booked, with maybe a couple of off-time ADRs left.
I've read some glowing reviews of Morimoto, no really bad ones.
Shula's is excellent, and probably available on short notice.

Flying Fish, bluezoo, Yachtsman and Monsieur Paul have been consistently good for us. We took California Grill out of our rotation because of a decline in service and food quality (in our opinion).

If you're arriving in 3 weeks, your choices are going to be severely limited, I think.
Most good places are solidly booked, with maybe a couple of off-time ADRs left.

I've read some glowing reviews of Morimoto, no really bad ones.
Shula's is excellent, and probably available on short notice.
Actually, if the OP books DS and/or Swan/Dolphin reservations at opentable.com they'll find much more availibility than at MDE. There is only one place I can think of at DS that doesn't book via opentable.com and that's Homecomin'.

Last edited:
The last time I went to Jiko's was last June but I left there still believing it to be the best restaurant in WDW. The service was great and the food better. We had a little one with us and they didn't blink. It was pretty obvious they went over to Boma several times to make him happy.

Flying Fish, Jiko, California Grill, BlueZoo, Monsieur Paul have been our favorites.
CG was not as consistent our last visit, but still very good.

If price is no object, V&A is the best by far. And you wil not be disappointed.

I echo the recommendations for Flying Fish, Bluezoo, Wine Bar George, and Jiko. Jiko is currently offering a limited-time prix fixe menu themed to Lion King and there is live entertainment... can still order off regular menu but a couple of items have been temporarily removed.

Bull & the Bear at the Waldorf Astoria is “off property” but very close to Epcot resorts (not walkable). It is outstanding and they feature a lot of really fun tableside preparations. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

I’ve not dined there yet but would add Takumi Tei (Epcot’s Japan pavilion) as a potential option.

I also really love Capa at the Four Seasons resort.

Last edited:
I was underwhelmed with Flying Fish, but agree with Bluezoo and Morimoto. My shocker was Tiffins. I totally expected not to enjoy the meal due to experiences at Jiko and Sanaa, but it was fantastic. Tiffins has turned into a regular stop for us when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter