Best route to drive from SW Ontario to WDW?

How much was and it includes USA I assume? Thx!
We got the premier one which was $144 I believe. Yes includes Canada and USA.
We already ended up booking an overnight hotel in South Carolina using our CAA discount.
It was around $30 cheaper than it would be otherwise.
There are more basic memberships, but for this next year we will be travelling to the States a few times so just went with the better one.

Yes, you go to the CAA office, show your membership card and they will give you maps, as well as guide books, if you want them. If you need a map of Orlando, get it early, as they can run out of them during snowbird/vacation season.

Triptiks: Here's a link to some info:

http://caaneo.ca/travel/roadtrip-planning/triptiks

As far as I know, all CAA offices offer them, although they might make you print your own. If you have a choice, get them to print it, as they bind it in order. You just tell them where you're going a few weeks before you go, and which route you want. They print it off, including any notices of construction and bind it for your trip. You just turn from page to page as you go and reverse on the way back, unless you tell them you want to return a different way, in which case, you'll get that at the back of your triptik.

Oh yeah, look for the CAA discount at hotels (not WDW!). Most have a decent price and you can reserve that rate ahead, if you like.

We got the premier one which was $144 I believe. Yes includes Canada and USA.
We already ended up booking an overnight hotel in South Carolina using our CAA discount.
It was around $30 cheaper than it would be otherwise.
There are more basic memberships, but for this next year we will be travelling to the States a few times so just went with the better one.

Im on the site now, and the way I read the mid plan $130, plus tax, is only valid north and east Ontario?

Im on the site now, and the way I read the mid plan $130, plus tax, is only valid north and east Ontario?

My understanding is CAA covers you in North America. I read that somewhere on their site just trying to find it.
If it doesn't than I will be cancelling within the 30 day period!

My understanding is CAA covers you in North America. I read that somewhere on their site just trying to find it.
If it doesn't than I will be cancelling within the 30 day period!

In the handbook it says North America as well, but I will call them tomorrow to confirm

We just google border wait times as we approach and choose the border with the lowest wait times. We've had really good luck crossing at the Rainbow Bridge.
We had no wait on the rainbow bridge either..I also like the fact there are no trucks. It will either be rainbow or blue water in Sarnia.

Did you buy an actual map or atlas? We are also going to get one, as "old-fashioned" as they are ;) for the reasons you mention.
We got CAA (even though my husband is handy, he won't have all his tools), The Next exit book, Along i75 in case we go that way coming back, and will get a map too. I'd rather be prepared travelling that far by car.
CAA threw in the maps of everywhere we needed just in case when we got our TripTik. Just ask your CAA agent for a TripTik which is your route planner. It is a spiral book that they print out customized for your locations which includes turn-by-turn directions, maps of each segment and any notices of construction or warnings for your drive. They will work with you and make it up for you on the spot. A lot of other info in it such as US-Canada Border information, trailer and RV travel tips, and driving regulations in each state/province. Have fun!

Last edited:
CAA threw in the maps of everywhere we needed just in case when we got our TripTik. Just ask your CAA agent for a TripTik which is your route planner. It is a spiral book that they print out customized for your locations which includes turn-by-turn directions, maps of each segment and any notices of construction or warnings for your drive. They will work with you and make it up for you on the spot. A lot of other info in it such as US-Canada Border information, trailer and RV travel tips, and driving regulations in each state/province. Have fun!

Oh wow that sounds awesome!
We will stop by local CAA this Saturday!

I ordered our triptix you can get it online and print yourself but is not as good *** caa binds it. I don't think they are as good as in the past as the old ones from when I was a teenager had information about the area you were in on each page and it was more clear. This is how I learned to read a map really well, that was my job when I was 14. Anyway CAA gave us maps, the books for each state and we bought space centre tickets at a discount. We are planning on driving down from swo through the Carolina's as its pretty and then home i-75 in august unless of course there is any weather issues.

I ordered our triptix you can get it online and print yourself but is not as good *** caa binds it. I don't think they are as good as in the past as the old ones from when I was a teenager had information about the area you were in on each page and it was more clear. This is how I learned to read a map really well, that was my job when I was 14. Anyway CAA gave us maps, the books for each state and we bought space centre tickets at a discount. We are planning on driving down from swo through the Carolina's as its pretty and then home i-75 in august unless of course there is any weather issues.

I assume they give all this for free if you have a CAA membership?

We are also planning to drive the through the Carolinas on the way down, we are actually stopping for the night in SC.
Haven't decided on the way back, but most likely back same way except we may cross the border in Buffalo instead of Port Huron.
May I ask why you want to take i75 home? Just curious:)

Did you buy an actual map or atlas? We are also going to get one, as "old-fashioned" as they are ;) for the reasons you mention.
We got CAA (even though my husband is handy, he won't have all his tools), The Next exit book, Along i75 in case we go that way coming back, and will get a map too. I'd rather be prepared travelling that far by car.
We get our maps from CAA . The maps are free for members.

Got our TripTik in the CAA store today :) We are leaving from London Ontario crossing in Niagara Falls and then it's i79-i77-i95.
The lady at CAA said only 27 min longer than to cross in Sarnia and take i75 to i79 in WV.
Our stopover is in Columbia SC.
She showed us all the construction around Detroit, so we decided to go the other way.
Also got a few maps and guidebooks.
Thanks everyone for the tips!

Haven't yet decided which way to go on the way back. We plan to take 3 days to drive back and either stop in places like Savannah GA, Myrtle Beach SC or Smoky Mountains, TN.
Still trying to decide. Might go back to CAA to get another TripTik for the return trip once we decide on a route, but was also told that we ca go into an AAA store in Orlando and get it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!